• Show
Clear All
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Wow!

Once again I am almost speechless. I guess that makes twice I was misunderstood. Sorry if you took offense to what I wrote or the way I wrote it. Hank seems to have 'got it' ! Sorry if I just call a spade a spade. Perhaps I'm not the wordsmith that I once was. In this thread I see folks writing that they do not care for Facebook; fine I get that, uhh I mean I understand, "get it?" I think those folks can just not use the resource, I mean it's not like anyone is twisting their arms or holding a gun to their heads to log in and post a status update or worse read someone elses. For that I get accused of talking down to folks. I then post that it seems odd that a member who is already engaged in name-calling is the accuser.... yeah whatever. Dude I'm not attacking you, I'm responding to your attack with sincere puzzlement. I'm guilty of not being clear in what I intended my words to mean; perhaps you are too.

Sailor, are you trying to say that you take the time to post a quote of a friend but you do not subscribe to that sentiment? Really! Then why post it? Are you trying to stir the pot? Did we ask what your friends think of FB? I really thought you were withdrawing from this forum...... The fact that I am not whacking this thread and banning folks that are publicly attacking me proves you wrong so drop the conspiracy theories.

If we as a group can not openly discuss our likes and dislikes without quickly degrading into name-calling and bickering perhaps some of us are in the wrong forum. I am sorry that my posts were viewed as taking the thread further in that direction. There was a time that we gave each other the benefit of doubt in this forum. I am truely sorry folks have to guess and then guess wrong the intent and tone of my posts. That said I now see this as a lose/ lose proposition for me; no matter what I do I look like the jerk.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Wow, sounds like a mac vs pc thread... A lot of this personal banter should be in a PM, not in a thread!

I use FB a lot to keep up with my kids. It's a pretty good tool for that.
      Erik

Comment

• sailor55330
        Established Member
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Black wallnut
        Sailor, are you trying to say that you take the time to post a quote of a friend but you do not subscribe to that sentiment? Really! Then why post it? Are you trying to stir the pot? Did we ask what your friends think of FB? I really thought you were withdrawing from this forum...... The fact that I am not whacking this thread and banning folks that are publicly attacking me proves you wrong so drop the conspiracy theories.

If we as a group can not openly discuss our likes and dislikes without quickly degrading into name-calling and bickering perhaps some of us are in the wrong forum. I am sorry that my posts were viewed as taking the thread further in that direction. There was a time that we gave each other the benefit of doubt in this forum. I am truely sorry folks have to guess and then guess wrong the intent and tone of my posts. That said I now see this as a lose/ lose proposition for me; no matter what I do I look like the jerk.
        Black Wallnut, if you honestly thought that was an attack on you, then you should lighten up. The reason I took the time to post my comment about the village idiot is because I thought it was humorous. Accusing me of stirring the pot is a stretch. I made a comment, you found it offensive, I responded to that because I found your quote and post derogatory and now I'm stirring the pot? You really thought something in this forum was worthy of a ban? Talk about can't win. Please just let it go--I'd like to
        Last edited by sailor55330; 07-15-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

No one wins this!

Wishing you all safe and enjoyable woodworking!

I have withdrawn my resignation.
          Last edited by Black wallnut; 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...