Best dui ad ever

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bruce Cohen
    Veteran Member
    • May 2003
    • 2698
    • Nanuet, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    Best dui ad ever

    Warning, this is really depressing,

    This is the most sobering anti-DUI (no pun intended) TV spot ever.

    It really gets its point across.

    http://policelink.monster.com/videos...censedofficers

    Bruce
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #2
    It does get the point across.

    This clip is listed as funny, but think about this guy in traffic with you.

    .

    Comment

    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • 9562
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

      #3
      I am forwarding those videos for use in our staff meeting safety presentations. With the holidays here, people need a reminder...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

      Comment

      • sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • 2873
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

        #4
        The really sad part is that videos like this need to be made in the first place. People know better yet still continue to drive after drinking??? The courts allow people with multiple DUI convictions to still remain free??? Laws are not passed to take away the driving privileges for life for those convicted of DUI??? Vehicles of drunk drivers are not confiscated??? The list goes on......???

        Thanks for posting that, I hope it makes at least one person think before getting behind the wheel.
        _________________________
        "Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans"

        Comment

        • Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • 6021
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

          #5
          There was a time when I was one of those idiots, but I was one of the lucky ones. Never even got a ticket. Haven't had a drink in well over 30 years now.

          The bad thing is that there are a lot of people who will watch a video like that, then turn around and do the same thing because it can never happen to them.

          Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

          For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

          Comment

          • Richard in Smithville
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • 3014
            • On the TARDIS
            • BT 3100

            #6
            Our company Christmas party is this weekend. The company provides the bar-along with a deal on a hotel room or free taxi's if needed. There is no excuse to drive home if you have had a few( too many). I do not feel sorry for anyone who gets busted at a ride check.

            As for LOML and I, we share the driving during the holiday season. I'll drive there and she drives home
            From the "deep south" part of Canada

            Richard in Smithville

            http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

            Comment

            • Bruce Cohen
              Veteran Member
              • May 2003
              • 2698
              • Nanuet, NY, USA.
              • BT3100

              #7
              As a footnote to my post, I just finished watching the NY City news and there was a clip about two different guys driving the wrong way on the Long Island Expressway. Luckily, they were pulled over before they could do any damage. The kicker was that one of the knuckleheads (who's blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit in NY) had a suspended license from a DUI conviction this past July, and the other airhead had been arrested and convicted a few years ago for being involved in a DUI accident (his fault).

              So, what should be done, roadside executions maybe?

              Bruce
              "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
              Samuel Colt did"

              Comment

              • Ed62
                The Full Monte
                • Oct 2006
                • 6021
                • NW Indiana
                • BT3K

                #8
                There was a guy in his early 30s, who worked at a meat market where we get most of our meat. Two years ago, he was riding with another guy early in the morning when he lost control of the car, and hit a tree at high speed. I know the driver was drunk, and I assume the other guy was also. The last I heard about him was that he still could not walk without help. He had severe brain injury, and went through several surgeries.

                Ed
                Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

                For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

                Comment

                • Black wallnut
                  cycling to health
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 5513
                  • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                  • BT3k 1999

                  #9
                  There was a time in my twenties that I also was one of those drunk drivers. I am also a lucky one and never had an accident and never was caught. I then had a life changing event, well actually two of them neither of which will I discuss here.

                  Years later I was on the other side of this as a city cop. A fellow officer and I wrote over 20 DUI citations in a single month between us in a town with a population under 2K! This was right after one of our pillars of the community died in an alcohol caused auto crash. He was a husband and father of two beautiful girls, he was in his thirties at the time. I sure wish folks would learn that it is much easier to just get a ride than to risk driving under the influence.
                  Donate to my Tour de Cure


                  marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

                  Head servant of the forum

                  ©

                  Comment

                  • Pappy
                    The Full Monte
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10490
                    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 (x2)

                    #10
                    Add me to those who have been lucky. I lost it and clipped a tree one evening. I was unhurt, the car was still drivable, and I made it home. I foot to the left and the story wouldn't be the same.

                    A week later I was sitting in a bar, ordered my second beer, then decided I didn't want it. I sent it to a girl at the other end of the bar (anonimously), and switched to coffee. Spent the next two weeks climbing the walls in a barracks room and didn't have another drink for 18 years. I will now have a beer in the evening at home or a drink/beer when we go out to dinner. Two is absolute limit if I am driving and zero if I am on the riding.

                    No tolerance for people that are like I was back then.
                    Don, aka Pappy,

                    Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                    Fools because they have to say something.
                    Plato

                    Comment

                    Working...