X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsmittle
    replied
    Originally posted by cabinetman
    I just can't resign myself to throw that short stock away. There always seems to come a time when one of those comes in handy. Sure beats cutting off the end of a long piece.
    This is true. If only I could find that short piece when I need it… It's usually at the bottom of the pile and often takes longer to find than cut another one. I HATE cutting longer stock when I know I have the perfect cutoff.

LOML tells me I just hoard junk.

g.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Franke
    replied
    Hilarious and right on the money!

Originally posted by BobSch
    I must have missed something. I didn't see and scrap lumber, just usable cut-offs.
    ROFL!

Leave a comment:

• cabinetman
    replied
    I just can't resign myself to throw that short stock away. There always seems to come a time when one of those comes in handy. Sure beats cutting off the end of a long piece.

Leave a comment:

• lebomike
    replied
    Small shop projects

Here is a DVD to help with the scrap lumber....

Small Shop Projects
    Transform small scrap into valued treasure
    Karen Shakula DVD $19.95

• About the DVD
    DVD 60 minutes Published 2009 ISBN 978-1-60085-314-2 Product #061070
    Become a wizard at creating beautiful keepsakes from all that saved scrap with Small Shop Projects. In this one-of-a-kind DVD, woodworker Jim Cummins shows you how to transform small scrap you can't bear to throw away into a valued treasure. You'll learn several variations on making intriguing boxes ... and discover a level of precision and technical wizardry that enhances all of your work.

From Fine Woodworking

Leave a comment:

• pelligrini
    replied
    That hit's too close to home...

Leave a comment:

• BobSch
    replied
    I must have missed something. I didn't see and scrap lumber, just usable cut-offs.

Leave a comment:

• Joe DeFazio
    replied
    It might be more accurate if the sentence ended with:

garage, basement, attic, first floor, second floor, third floor, front porch, back porch, pickup truck, and shed.

Leave a comment:

• gsmittle
    replied
    I resemble that remark!

g.

Leave a comment:

• Richard in Smithville
    started a topic Funny

Funny

LOML found this and for some reason thought of me.
    Attached Files
Working...