• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

50 years ago today

I graduated from High School, that day it was 112F and we had to wear suits and gowns and the no AC in the Auditorium. Going on our Reunion Web site this is what I found. 558 graduates, 407 unknown location. 81 have registered and left a profile. 70 are deceased of those none were lost in Vietnam. 5 of them were close friends. 16 of us served in the military. 60 of us still live in California and in Sacramento, 5 live outside the USA. Of the 81 60 of us have a College degree of some type, 6 have PHD's. Judging from the pictures most of us a balding, have white hair and are over weight. This reunion might be fun as we won't be putting on a fronts like in past reunions. Age has a way of equalizing things evidently. I only attended 2 of the previous ones and wasn't going to attended this one but I think I will. I guess 50 years heals a lot of wounds. We are going to have a breakfast at the School on a Saturday and the Teachers and staff that are able will also attend, we know of at least 12 who said they would show up. I want to know where the **** the time went.

Tom
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

I got the notice for my 40th HS reunion a few weeks ago, mailed to me here since I am still local. Inside was a list of students for whom they know no whereabouts, in hopes that some might know where they are. On that list was my name... Obviously, some of my graduating class haven't gotten any smarter since high school...

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
      I got the notice for my 40th HS reunion a few weeks ago, mailed to me here since I am still local. Inside was a list of students for whom they know no whereabouts, in hopes that some might know where they are. On that list was my name... Obviously, some of my graduating class haven't gotten any smarter since high school...
      You would think people would still know how to use a phone book, but so many people are going away from home phones (just bought my first censored cell phone).
      I would like to know how to get added to the location not known list, as the school and classmates can go themselves. (But only my 20th, a couple years back, so not enough idiots have died)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• paulstenlund
        Established Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Puget Island, Wa.

I agree with Uncle Cracker, got a call a couple years ago announcing my 40th and requesting my address -

"How'd you get my number"
        "Looked in the phone book"
        "Look a little to the left"

Jeez

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Between long distance phone calls, Facebook, and email, pretty much everyone I want to keep in touch with from High School I keep in touch with. The class reunions are sort of B.S. anyway, most of my friends were either a year ahead, or a year behind me by the time I was a sophomore...

Now the folks I would LOVE to hear from is some of my old college buddies...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Pappy
            The Full Monte
            • Dec 2002
            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 (x2)

Went to my 40th...won't waste the time, money, or gas again.
            Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
            Fools because they have to say something.
            Plato

Comment

Working...