X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Buying from Amazon merchants

Anyone know if Amazon has any type of guarantee if you buy from one of their merchants? Has anyone had a bad experience with a merchant and had Amazon rectify it?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

Check this for the "A-Z Guarantee": http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=537868

(I've never filed a claim, though. But I am in the middle of contacting an Amazon merchant about a problem. Hopefully it'll work out, and if it doesn't you can bet I'll be spreading the bad news. )
    Last edited by Alex Franke; 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM.
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• dkerfoot
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2004
      • Holland, Michigan
      • Craftsman 21829

I am an Amazon merchant and I can speak from experience that no matter what - you, the buyer are ALWAYS RIGHT - no matter what.

Quite frankly, you have much better protection buying from a merchant than direct from Amazon because it does not cost Amazon anything to rule in your favor. Seriously. You may proceed without fear.

Doug Kerfoot
      "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
      "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
      KeyLlama.com

Comment

• Chris_B
        Established Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Cupertino, CA

I've bought a lot of stuff from Amazon merchants. I've had to file a claim once, but Amazon refunded the cost promptly. No hassle at all.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

I've made quite a few Amazon merchant purchases. Only one issue (shipping charges wrong), which was quickly fixed with a phone call to the merchant.

LOML and I are working on securing wholesalers for an e-biz, and we are planning on using Amazon for part of our marketing strategy...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JimD
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Lexington, SC.

I bought a remanufactured camera a couple years ago from an Amazon merchant. I didn't think I got what was described although when I went back and looked at the description again, I could see where they could claim otherwise. I decided to call anyway and got a partial refund from the merchant. I never really threatened or anything, I just asked. I think the fact that I could go to Amazon may have helped them be extra responsive. I'm happy with the camera.

I would not be afraid to buy this way again. You might be getting a little more "creative" product description but if you have a problem, you have a way to get it resolved.

Jim

Comment

Working...