• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lago
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Lago Vista, TX.

Will Work for Tools.....

I got involved in inventory of the estate of a woodworker. A friend of my SIL inherited it and has no idea what to do with it. My brother and I spent 2 full days sorting and cleaning and drooling on the stuff this guy had. He didn't shop at HF, I can tell you that. A lot of his stuff came from Woodworkers Supply.

Anyhow, if there are any members in South Texas that would be interested, post a comment and I will post a list when we have everything finalized. The sale will be in Goliad, about 25 mi. west of Victoria. Austin, Houston, San Antonio are within 2-2 1/2 hr drive. Date isn't definite yet but looks like the weekend of 4/10-4/11, if we can get a commitment on a site.

This is just some of the stuff: Steel City bs 50100 w/riser block & rip fence, Jet OSS(missing some spindles), Delta Mortiser, Mikata chop saw, Dremel scroll saw, Fuji Q4 Pro HVLP sprayer, Bench Dog router table, DeWalt DW625, Porter cable 7539, Ryobi(broken spindle lock) routers, several Lie-Nielsen block planes(3 new), Stabila level set(pricey), large air compressor(don't know brand/model yet but may be a 60gal, Glastar glass blasting cabinet, Leigh dovetail w/lots of accessories, large assortment of sleeves for OSS, 2 tubs of 3x18 & 3x24 sanding belts and discs, Delta tenon jig, several belt sanders, palm sanders, rotozip stuff, Troybilt generator 5500w, small assortment of Bessey clamps, Stanley bostich nailer & finish nailer, and lots of other small stuff.

For compensation, I will ask for the Jet JJ-6CS jointer and maybe the Bosch trimmer PR20EVS.

Please, no PM's or email. Any questions/comments, post here and I will try to respond.

Thanks
    Ken
  • natausch
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Aurora, IL
    • BT3000 - 15A

Always negotiate a fair price for your services in advance. In the case of an estate sale/auction grief is grief, but fair compensation is only right, especially if you're helping them maximuze the revenue.

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Always interested in this type of sale. They are the best source for handplanes.

Wish it was the following weekend. I am off Fri/Sat/Sun then. By the time I could get there on Sunday the 11th, the good tools/deals will be gone.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Pappy
        Always interested in this type of sale. They are the best source for handplanes.

Wish it was the following weekend. I am off Fri/Sat/Sun then. By the time I could get there on Sunday the 11th, the good tools/deals will be gone.
        the following weekend April 16, 17, 18 is the Woodworking Show in Houston (actually in katy ISD arena now, moved from reliant center).
        Just a reminder.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lago
          Established Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Lago Vista, TX.

The sale is off. A doctor made an offer of 8K for everything, lock,stock and barrel. I got him to up it to 9K and it's a done deal.

We estimated we could clear maybe 12K if, and a big IF, everything sold.
          Based on location, I think we did OK.

I still get a 6" long-bed jointer and Bosch trimmer for 3 days of work.

Ken

Comment

• Stytooner
            Roll Tide RIP Lee
            • Dec 2002
            • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
            • BT3100

Dang it! Good eye on the Doc's part likely.
            Lee

Comment

• germdoc
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Omaha, NE
              • BT3000--the gray ghost

So instead of sawing bones he's going to saw wood.

Or maybe he's just looking to renovate his OR equipment...
              Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by lago

I still get a 6" long-bed jointer and Bosch trimmer for 3 days of work.

Ken

That's not such a bad deal.

Comment

Working...