• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodwerker
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005

Anyone Own This Meat Slicer?

Hey gang,
    I have a Ronco Showtime Rotisserie, it is the best cooking purchase I have ever made. No kididin it is great. Anyway, since I cook a lot of roasts in the grill I am looking for a decent meat slicer to cut down some beef, and pork.
    Harbor Freight has one listed and wondered if anyone owned this one, or another model that works well..
    Thanks
    Joe

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42787
    Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

We have that one. I asked LOML how she likes it, and she said it's great...no complaints.

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

I have a name brand version of it that has been going strong for about 20 yeears!
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• just started
        • Mar 2008
        • suburban Philly

I have one and it works great. My only complaint is the 'safety' feature that requires you to keep the power button pressed all the time so you can't stack the slices as they come out like with a full-size deli slicer.

Comment

• iceman61
          • Oct 2007
          • West TN
          • Bosch 4100-09

I've been looking for a slicer & may have to try this one at this price.

Anyone know how this thing does with cheese?

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I have a Bosch that looks just like it. We bought with cash we got at our wedding 24 years ago and have never had a problem. The only issue is that if you're trying to slice something really thin and push too hard against the stop, it tends to move and each piece gets progressively thicker. That's mostly operator error.
            Chr's

Comment

• PhilofKayDu
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2009
              • Northern Indiana
              • BT3000

Meat slicer

DO NOT get a manually operated crank stile. My wife and I did several years ago from Goodwill. She likes treating her coworkers with lunch partys. So she got 10 lbs. of ham. We pulled out slicer and soon found out that it takes FOUR people to operate.LOL. One to turn the crank. One to hold it down. (The suction cups were a little old.) One to move the meat across the blade. And one to pick up the sliced meat and put in a tray. We did all this at the end of the counter. No foolling. We sliced up 6 lbs. and got rid of that great handy tool!!!!! LOL Some times you never know how a tool will perform until you start working with it. LOL LOL LOL Phil

Comment

• iceman61
                • Oct 2007
                • West TN
                • Bosch 4100-09

FYI...on sale

I just called my local HF & inquired about availability on this slicer. They told me it was on sale for $19.99.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Montgomery, AL.
                  • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Given the fact that I had to have the end of my thumb stitched back on last Friday night due to a mandolin (similar concept with fixed blade), I will never have one of those in my kitchen.

I'll post pics of the thumb and a detailed story later. The doctor doing the stitching has seen several injuries like mine from the same type device, but said mine was the worst. Took him a while to even figure out what to stitch where.
                  "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...