• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

where are my sent messages

i just looked at my in and out boxes and there are no messages in my sent mail box. there are the few received messages in my in box, but none of my replies are in the sent mail box. and there is no history of message exchanges in any of the received PMs. is there a resource i can review to try to figure out what is going on here? or can anyone shed some light on this? thanks.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

go to User CP
    on the left side under private Messages, look for Edit options, click that
    Go to the section "messaging and notification"
    look for a box by the name "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default " and check that box... its probably unchecked.

When you send a message there's also a box at the bottom where you can check save this message in my sent folder to use on individual messages.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

thank you for the info. you were right. so apparently i sent several messages, never kept a copy of the sent mesages and then had no idea what the incoming "replies" were for. i think that explains some mildly hostile sentiments i've encountered recently. thanks again for the info.
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Also keep in mind you can download your PM's as several different file types so when you need to clear out your folders you can save to your local machine prior to deleting.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...