• Show
Clear All
  • Gator95
    Established Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Atlanta GA
    • Ridgid 3660

Best Job Search Site?

What's the consensus these days on best job search site. Monster used to be big, but feel like they've fallen behind.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

try www.indeed.com.

I can't endorse it from personal use but my son works there.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Kristofor
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2004
      • Twin Cities, MN
      • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

I haven't actually gone looking for a job online in a decade but I do hire folks into my groups every year.

As far as the quality of the applicants is concerned I'm not sure any of the sites are much better than one another, though our HR folks do the initial weeding pass so I may simply be insulated from that aspect. Referrals from current employees are probably 5x more likely to be highly qualified/a good fit than the general applicants that come from any of the online sites though...

As far as volume of applicants are concerned I would say that we see more from Craigslist than Monster, Dice, Careerbuilder, StarTribune (local newspaper), etc...

Comment

• Tom Slick
        Veteran Member
        • May 2005
        • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
        • sears BT3 clone

I'm out looking for jobs also. All I know is there are a lot of scams on craigslist. A big one is an innocent seeming response email that asks you to run a credit report so they know your credit score (because you'll handle money working for them) and they recommend some oddball credit site. That site is part of the scam for you to input your personal data.

I sort of live around nowhere, Monster shows "local" jobs that are 100 miles away.
        Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• mineengineer
          Established Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
          • BT3000 and BT3100 Frankensaw

For Gov Jobs

Try:

http://www.usajobs.gov/

not for sure what best site is for private sector jobs anymore.
          Link

Comment

• rberrybabylon
            Forum Newbie
            • Jul 2007

For tech jobs

I was a consultant for about 15 years (employee for the past 8 or so) and have always found Dice.com to be the best for my needs. As a programmer/analyst/developer, I also found it beneficial to post a brief resume/profile listing my stongest, and most recent, capabilities and accomplishments and to prepare several targeted resumes to provide any interested parties.

Good luck

Comment

Working...