• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

dogs have what's called a "prey drive". certain breeds have a higher drive than others, and individuals can differ greatly even within a breed. I have Huskies (high prey drive breed) that will kill any cat in 2 seconds, and I've had huskies that will cuddle with any cat as long as the cat is willing. So it really just depends.

Many jurisdictions do NOT have leash laws for cats as they are considered wild predators (even if a pet), so when they are roaming and are killed there is no legal recourse for the owners in those jurisdictions. Check with the local Animal control to find out the laws for your area.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
      Bruce...don't you think info like that should be kept to only close family members?

Isn't that what some of your guys are.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• jackellis
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

Years ago our neighbors owned a pair of rotweilers and a couple of cats. The critters got along fine. We let two of our three cats (at that time) outside and one day Rocky saw the dogs and took off. One of the dogs gave chase. Rocky escaped but the lesson we drew was if a cat runs, dogs will chase it.

Comment

• smorris
          • Apr 2003
          • Tampa, Florida, USA.

Must be 30 years ago, I had a dog that was part timberwolf. The occasional cat or other small animal would wander into the yard with predictable results. No body, no liability.
          --
          Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice

Comment

Working...