• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

No Pics But It Really Did Happen!

My BT3000 is in its new home and I actually turned it on for the first time since February. I moved it out there from the basement to help with the trim and soffit work. I tried to take a pic but the stupid camera is getting confused with the semi-darkness in the shop. I'm not sure how to fix it. User manual is useless. If any shutterbugs have a Canon Powershot A530 or know what I should check, let me know.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • jkristia
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Simi Valley, CA

I don't know that camera, but most cameras can override the full auto mode, on the Canon I have it is called P mode (program mode I think it is), P mode is pretty much full auto mode except you can control the flash, so switch to P mode and turn the flash on (not auto), then it should work in a semi dark room, the same can be used if you are taking pictures which are back lighted.

Jesper

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

I did some experimenting and checking online and it appears the camera is broken. . It will take pictures when the flash is not on, or it is in auto mode but doesn't need it, or if you turn the flash off. I am going to call Canon tomorrow to see if there is a recall and/or how much to cost to fix.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by crokett
        My BT3000 is in its new home and I actually turned it on for the first time since February. I moved it out there from the basement to help with the trim and soffit work. I tried to take a pic but the stupid camera is getting confused with the semi-darkness in the shop. I'm not sure how to fix it. User manual is useless. If any shutterbugs have a Canon Powershot A530 or know what I should check, let me know.
        Simple, bring more lighting into the shop. Problem solved.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• RayintheUK
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2003
          • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by crokett
          It will take pictures when the flash is not on, or it is in auto mode but doesn't need it, or if you turn the flash off.
          They do that when the battery's low too!

Ray
          Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by RayintheUK
            They do that when the battery's low too!

Ray
            I thought of that and the first thing I tried was replacing the batteries. I will get pics tonight. I found the charger for the Nikon we have.
            David

Comment

Working...