• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Some People on Ebay

This morning I was surfing Ebay looking at Netbooks. Came across listing for the ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-P. There are a number of listing most being at the retail price of $379. One person has one listed for $1199.99 (Ebay Item #200374054569. The Item #380135180000 is listed for $389, I checked other listing and can find no difference in the product. I did send a message to the lister asking what makes his listing so much more expensive than the normal retail version. Bet he doesn't answer, maybe it comes with some illegal software preinstalled. I was looking because mine has an awkward keyboard layout with the right shift key in a bad place which makes in hard for me to touch type especially and the keyborad is larger overall. with Carpel Tunnel, it also has longer lasting batteries depending on the model, the one in question has 10.5hr batteries while others have 6.0, 8.0. Mine has a 3.0hr battery. I am planning on giving mine to LOML. I use it mainly when I travel and while at Son's house in Idaho. It is mainly a later model with improvement and upgrades.

Tom
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

every thing is always for sale, they say.

The offerer of the $1200 netbook probably is happy with his but listed it at basically no cost to him. so if someone is stupid enuf to bid for it then he'll sell his, buy another and be $800+ ahead.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jackellis
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

Remember the old P.T. Barnum quote, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Check out sites like slickdeals. I often see them going from $150 to $300 (depending on brand/quality).
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Update on Ebay Seller

This afternoon I checked my Email and found a message from Ebay advising me that the "sellers account had been accessed by an unauthorized third party" Who had tried to use the account to defraud other members. It also stated they are trying to return to the account to the rightfull owner. This morning when I clicke on the sellers numbers to check his feedback I thought it strange the the listing of things sold and the date didn't really match what he was selling now, though it was strange. Somthing was fishy.

I just did a search on the listing number and one other listing with a large "buy it now price" and they have both been removed. Evidently the rightfull owner of the account didn't know about this until I sent him a message through Ebay. May be I accidently helped the person save his account as he had a 99% positive feedback rating for several thousand sales.

I just couldn't belive someone would be that greedy.

Tom

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by TB Roye
            I was looking because mine has an awkward keyboard layout with the right shift key in a bad place which makes in hard for me to touch type especially and the keyborad is larger overall. with Carpel Tunnel...

Tom

Have you had the surgery for CTS, or contemplating it?

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

Cab

So far I have avoided surgery. After I retired and went to the hand surgeon, he gave me the first of 2 cortizone(sp) shotq that I was allowed before surgery. I haven't had the second one yet and been retired 6 years. Just not doing the same work day after day has helped. I wear the braces at night when needed and when working around the house depending on what I am doing. With the woodworking and pen turning I don't have to much of a problem. hand sanding small part cause problem and to much typing at the computer can also. That is why I was looking at the new Netbook with the larger key board and the right shift key in the proper place. As I use the Netbook mainly when I travel it is not a big issure other than I want a new toy. Now I am having more trouble with my shoulder and tendonitist in it, cause by play on the Wii with Grandkids in Idaho. This getting old (67) is more than a pain in the *** sometime.

Tom

Tom

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by TB Roye
                Cab

So far I have avoided surgery. After I retired and went to the hand surgeon, he gave me the first of 2 cortizone(sp) shotq that I was allowed before surgery. I haven't had the second one yet and been retired 6 years. Just not doing the same work day after day has helped. I wear the braces at night when needed and when working around the house depending on what I am doing. With the woodworking and pen turning I don't have to much of a problem. hand sanding small part cause problem and to much typing at the computer can also. That is why I was looking at the new Netbook with the larger key board and the right shift key in the proper place. As I use the Netbook mainly when I travel it is not a big issure other than I want a new toy. Now I am having more trouble with my shoulder and tendonitist in it, cause by play on the Wii with Grandkids in Idaho. This getting old (67) is more than a pain in the *** sometime.

Tom
                Tom,

I had CTS in both hands, severe tendonitis, and nerve damage. I was at the point of not being able to sleep, with terrific pain up my arms. I elected for CTS surgery, which unfortunately was 10 years overdue. It's a nothing surgery. An outpatient procedure. You're back in the saddle in a week or two. I gotta say it changed my life. No more braces or shots. I'm not 100% now, but better than I ever expected.

Comment

Working...