• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Cool Little Work Van

Saw this in Autoweek. It might be tough to carry our list of tools to the jobsite, but might fit the bill for those not needing a full size van.
  • jziegler
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Salem, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

I saw an article a while ago saying that it is coming. I'm thinking that the 5 passenger version might make a decent dog hauler than can handle 3 or 4 people as well. Certainly different than other vans on the US market.

Jim

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

It must really be difficult for them to get a picture of the engine with the hood open. (sarcasm)

Some of us still do things to our vehilces and like to see clearances.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• jon_ramp
        Established Member
        • Feb 2007
        • western Chicago burb
        • Craftsman 21829

Hopefully when it comes time to replace our current handicap vehicle, this would fit the bill and we won't have to pay for another lowered floor version. My daughter would still be able to see out the window while having head clearance and remain in her wheel chair. For our purpose, possibly the only handicap conversion needed would be to add a ramp/lift and anchor points for her wheel chair tie straps. This should be far more economical than the lowered floor vans. I’m kind of excited about this as our current van is a piece of @#$%.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Those things are all over the place in Mexico doing daily duty for everything from florists, and caterers to construction contractors of all sorts. Sometimes a full size isn't the right answer for a task. There are times when I wish my F150 was as small as the Ranger it replaced... particularly when parking.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pierhogunn
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2003
            • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

I can see these things getting tricked out as a new class of mobile camper, the cargo area looks large enough for a queen sized sleeping area, and you could add some bits and pieces to make an awning on each side, and back...

hmmm
            It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• Stytooner
              Roll Tide RIP Lee
              • Dec 2002
              • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
              • BT3100

Europe has had them for years and years as well.
              Lee

Comment

Working...