Burgler picks the wrong house to break into. (72 year old Retired Boxer)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sscherin
    • Dec 2003
    • Kennewick, WA, USA.

Burgler picks the wrong house to break into. (72 year old Retired Boxer)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...old-boxer.html

William's Law--
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
    cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Wow, not only that, but he got an actual sentance... Here in MN, it'd be nothing but a light fine- and the homeowner would be sued for Battery!

Comment

• pierhogunn
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2003
      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

that young man is a moron
      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• germdoc
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Omaha, NE
        • BT3000--the gray ghost

Best part is no firearms were necessary...
        Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• bruce hylton
          Established Member
          • Dec 2008
          • winlock, wa
          • Dewalt today

By the time I would be able to find a firearm and ammunition, I could run over the culprit two or three times and beat them to death with a jack handle, should they survive the auto treatment. A firearm is just a tool. Imagine what a swinging handsaw or framing square could do. Training is the Key.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

Originally posted by germdoc
            Can't agree... Geriatrics, retired boxers or not, will generally fare much better defending themselves from 10 ft. away with a gun, particularly since the mere sight of a gun is often all that is necessary. This guy obviously didn't need one, but most can't do what he did.

Comment

• sertsa
              Handtools only
              • Feb 2006
              • high desert
              • BT3100

I'm thinking opinions on firearms fall under politics and/or religion these days.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by germdoc
                No, the WORST part is no firearms were necessary / used. If that happened here in the states that piece of filth would probably end up with a piece of filth in an Armani suit and sue the poor homeowner for causing bodily harm.

Stupidity of that sort can only be, and needs to be solved permanently...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by sertsa
                  I'm thinking opinions on firearms fall under politics and/or religion these days.
                  Everything does.

Taken to the extreme points of view, every single thing we could possibly discuss will have an either political, or religious facet to it.
                  Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• shoottx
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2008
                    • Plano, Texas
                    • BT3000

Originally posted by bruce hylton
                    By the time I would be able to find a firearm and ammunition, Training is the Key.
                    Firearms are like any tool, used correctly they provide a significant advantage in accomplishing the job at hand. But Like any tool you must maintain the tool, be able to find it and know how to use it. And like any tool if you do not do the maintenance, training, practice, and gain competence it can cause damage and harm. There is a significant pool of data and evidence showing the display of a firearm greatly reduces crime. And often just the display is adequate to stop or resolve a threatening situation.

I think you have answered your first statement with your last!

Then again, there is nothing quite as intimidating as the sound of a Remington 870 slide being racked and slammed closed.

The other challenge is England has outlawed guns (no 2nd Amendment) and the rate of burglary, assault and violent crime has risen significantly!
                    Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by sertsa
                      Huh? Opinions on firearms are just that... opinions on firearms. Republicans, Democrats, Christians, Hindus, Mormons, agnostics, and everybody else has to decide on how to deal with an intruder in their home. Although some may be influenced by religious or political beliefs, it is not a religious or political topic. It is a life topic. Get real.

Comment

Working...