• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
    I did pop out of my front door a few years ago and put my .357 between a prowler's eyes... He dropped like he'd been KO'd and he actually did crap his drawers... I sat on his back until the cops arrived, with the muzzle pressed against the back of his head. He hyperventilated the whole time, but did not otherwise move a muscle. Very effective...

I just love action stories.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
      I just love action stories.
      It's odd, but I remember experiencing the whole thing in the third person. It was like I was a bystander watching myself as the whole thing unfolded. Weird...

Comment

• sparkeyjames
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Redford MI.
        • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
        I did pop out of my front door a few years ago and put my .357 between a prowler's eyes... He dropped like he'd been KO'd and he actually did crap his drawers... I sat on his back until the cops arrived, with the muzzle pressed against the back of his head. He hyperventilated the whole time, but did not otherwise move a muscle. Very effective...
        Your lucky the cops did not arrest you for assault with a deadly weapon seeing as how it was OUTSIDE your house. Remember drag them inside then shoot them.
        Last edited by sparkeyjames; 07-02-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
          Veteran Member
          • May 2003
          • Nanuet, NY, USA.
          • BT3100

Full size 1911

Originally posted by chopnhack
          how do you carry full size Bruce? isnt it a bit uncomfortable?
          I'm not a large guy 5'8", but I'm a bit overweight, so I don't use an in the pants holster. What I do use is similar to a Milt Sparks Axiom model, although it pre-dates that by quite a few years. It was made by Austin Behlert, who also customized my 1911, and what a job he did.

Occasionally, I'll wear a small-of the-back model when I know I won't be sitting too much.

Even though there are some really good smaller .45's and 10mm out there, I feel much more secure with a 5" barrel model, maybe because of the reduced recoil and time to target for the second shot of the double tap is considerably shorter.

Anyway, it's not the length of the barrel that poses a problem, its usually the but length that pokes you and telegraphs that you're carrying.

Best,

Bruce
          "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
          Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• shoottx
            Veteran Member
            • May 2008
            • Plano, Texas
            • BT3000

Originally posted by sparkeyjames
            Your lucky the cops did not arrest you for assault with a deadly weapon seeing as how it was OUTSIDE your house. Remember drag them inside then shoot them.
            Remeber this is Florida, the birth place of the Castle Doctrine and one of the first places to have will issue concealed carry permits. Cops have a lot of experience with the "good guys" helpin
            Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Originally posted by sparkeyjames
              Nope... Florida is a castle doctrine state. Deadly force is allowed to protect your property, not just your person. Cops thanked me for helping them catch the guy.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that "shoottx" beat me to this response. Thanks, Mike...
              Last edited by Uncle Cracker; 07-03-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...