• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

24 Heures du Mans

Anybody gonna watch the race this weekend?
  • Bruce Cohen
    Veteran Member
    • May 2003
    • Nanuet, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

WHAT RACE???

Bruce
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Like all the other races, watch the last 3 or 4 minutes and you will see the important part. Same thing for soccer.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Rand
        Established Member
        • May 2005
        • Vancouver, WA, USA.

Crokett you are obviously not a race fan. I've been following Formula 1 for years. If you only watch the last part you miss things like what happened at the start of the 98 race in Belgium.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The carnage (heh car nage) starts about 1 minute in.
        Rand
        "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like your thumb."

Comment

• Tom Slick
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
          • sears BT3 clone

I'll probably watch some. I'd love to walk the pits and watch what's going on behind the scenes at a race like that. They do some pretty amazing "repairs" on those cars.
          Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• TB Roye
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Sacramento, CA, USA.
            • BT3100

I will be watching. Been following racing all my life. Was there when Ford with Foyt and Gurney won. What great feeling to hear the National Anthem on foreign soil especailly France.

Tom

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Not too interested if it involves too many roads...

Paris Dakkar is well worth watching, as is anything in Baja...

I think Speed Channel has some Rock Racing going on this weekend too...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Mar 2004
                • Northern NJ, USA.
                • BT3100

I'll put in on and try to catch bits here and there as I go about my day, but me thinks Speed only puts on an hour or two on, then breaks for something more meaningful such as a NASCAR juniors first day practice iin nowheresville Alabama, then another of NASCAR truck series garage talk, then maybe another hour or two of Le Mans, then followed by 5 hours of some auto auction, then maybe the last hour or two of Le Mans. Great thing they call it the SPEED channel.

But I love LeMans and the American LeMans series. I've done the 12 hours of Sebring 3 times and seen them race at Limerock. Of course, nothing compares to growing up and seeing CanAm at Road America!
                A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• BobSch
                  • Aug 2004
                  • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by 430752
                  Of course, nothing compares to growing up and seeing CanAm at Road America!
                  A man after my own heart. I used to work at both RA and BRI. Much more fun than "turn-left-and-hit-the-loud-pedal." (I'm gonna get a lot of *^@#$% for that last comment, I'm sure.)
                  Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• cabinetman
                    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                    • Jun 2006
                    • So. Florida
                    • Delta

Originally posted by BobSch
                    A man after my own heart. I used to work at both RA and BRI. Much more fun than "turn-left-and-hit-the-loud-pedal." (I'm gonna get a lot of *^@#$% for that last comment, I'm sure.)

What is "BRI", and what is ""turn-left-and-hit-the-loud-pedal."". Is that some NASCAR lingo?

Comment

Working...