Gonna Be a Batchelor Again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Gonna Be a Batchelor Again

    First week of may my wife and kids are going to visit the in-laws. I will spend the week putting my new shop back together. If I am lucky we can get the walls stood back up and start putting the roof sheathing back on. I wanted to have the floor put back together before then but life happened.
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • 3815
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

    #2
    Be careful....I have a history of making large unauthorized purchases when left home alone!




    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

    Comment

    • Richard in Smithville
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 3014
      • On the TARDIS
      • BT 3100

      #3
      Gee Davey, try not to sound too upets about "having" to work on your shop instead of visiting the inlaws


      I get along very well with my inlaws but I can't see myself spending more that a day or two with them in one shot.
      From the "deep south" part of Canada

      Richard in Smithville

      http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

      Comment

      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • 9562
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #4
        Ditto. It's nice that we live in the same metro area with my in laws. I get them in smaller, but more frequent doses that way...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

        Comment

        • Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • 7091
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

          #5
          I get along famously with my in-laws... One of them won't come near me, and the other one is deceased...

          Comment

          • Hellrazor
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2003
            • 2091
            • Abyss, PA
            • Ridgid R4512

            #6
            Originally posted by Knottscott
            Be careful....I have a history of making large unauthorized purchases when left home alone!
            How are they unauthorized?

            "All in favor of buying this"
            "yo"
            "All opposed"
            <silence>

            Looks good to me

            Comment

            • Alex Franke
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 2641
              • Chapel Hill, NC
              • Ryobi BT3100

              #7
              Originally posted by crokett
              First week of may my wife and kids are going to visit the in-laws. I will spend the week putting my new shop back together. If I am lucky we can get the walls stood back up and start putting the roof sheathing back on. I wanted to have the floor put back together before then but life happened.
              Lucky you. My family is out this week. Before they left I told LOML I was going to invite all my ex-girlfriends over for a party, and I ended up with a mile-long "honey do" list including things like fix the front steps. (Yes, she knew I was kidding about the party, and yes, I would have gotten the list regardless. )

              BUT, I finally got a chance to browse Harbor Freight without a kid in tow. And I finally got to try a Hardee's Thickburger. (It didn't get all over the place, so I guess it didn't belong in my face.) And now I'm heading out to get some NC-style BBQ. (She's a vegetarian, so when they're gone, I binge on meat. :lol: )

              Have fun in the shop!
              online at http://www.theFrankes.com
              while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
              "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

              Comment

              • ironhat
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • 2553
                • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

                #8
                Originally posted by Alex Franke
                < snip>
                BUT, I finally got a chance to browse Harbor Freight without a kid in tow. And I finally got to try a Hardee's Thickburger. (It didn't get all over the place, so I guess it didn't belong in my face.) And now I'm heading out to get some NC-style BBQ. (She's a vegetarian, so when they're gone, I binge on meat. :lol: )

                Have fun in the shop!

                Ahhh, basking in morally clean debauchery of sorts. My wife got a kick out of it when she took the kids to visit her folks for several days. She thought it was funny. The new handgun? Not as cute but she likes to shoot it as much as I do, now.
                Blessings,
                Chiz

                Comment

                • crokett
                  The Full Monte
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 10627
                  • Mebane, NC, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Alex Franke
                  (She's a vegetarian, so when they're gone, I binge on meat. :lol: )
                  My wife is allergic to one of the milk proteins so we don't eat ice cream, we eat frozen yogurt. She also doesn't like chocolate and I love the stuff. You get the idea. Anyhoo You can bet I am gonna go through at least 1 quart of Rocky Road while she is gone.
                  David

                  The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

                  Comment

                  • Knottscott
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 3815
                    • Rochester, NY.
                    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

                    #10
                    Originally posted by crokett
                    My wife is allergic to one of the milk proteins so we don't eat ice cream, we eat frozen yogurt. She also doesn't like chocolate and I love the stuff. You get the idea. Anyhoo You can bet I am gonna go through at least 1 quart of Rocky Road while she is gone.
                    You're a baaaad man! Oh, the moral and ethical decay of people these days!
                    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

                    Comment

                    Working...