Spring is here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • 5636
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

    #16
    Spring has come and gone here. The fields are already turning from neon green to the expected beige velvet.

    I've been trimming trees and shrubs and planting lavendar for weeks. Got the "junk" side of the house cleaned up over the weekend.

    My main spring project has been to spend some time on ol' JR. I've lost 20 lbs and dropped my total cholesterol by >60 mg/Dl. BP down from 140/80 to 124/70. A few more 3 hr. Saturday bike rides, and their attendant 1 hr. mid-week rides, and I'll drop another 10-15 lbs. Says I to my MD, "I've got yer Lipitor right here, buddy!"

    JR
    JR

    Comment

    • MikeMcM1956
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2008
      • 98
      • Sugar Land, TX
      • BT3100 & 1950 Delta Unisaw

      #17
      1 - Get a 8x12 shed put up next Monday, finally clear the majority of non-WW stuff from the garage into the shed.
      2 - Clean up and organize all the cr*p I've let pile up in multiple layers on every horizontal surface for the last 3 months.
      3 - Complete the restoration of the 1950 Delta 14" bandsaw (~75% done at this point, after 4 months).
      4 - Start and finish the restoration of the 1954 Delta Unisaw.
      5 - Epoxy seal the garage floor. Maybe.
      6 - Move tools into positions where they can actually be used without moving everything else around.
      7 - Finish piping DC system to match tool locations.
      8 - Do some woodworking concurrently with items 1-7.

      9-129 - Assorted indoor/outdoor projects TBD by SWMBO....

      Mike
      Last edited by MikeMcM1956; 04-07-2009, 11:30 AM.

      Comment

      • Alex Franke
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 2641
        • Chapel Hill, NC
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #18
        Originally posted by Shep
        So now that spring is here, spring projects are not far behind.
        Spring. All I have to say to that is Ah...Ah..AHH-CHOOOOOO! (sniffle, sniffle)

        I want to finish the drink trays for the back years swing, paint and improve the play structure some more, finishing building the go-cart with my son, work on the overgrown wooded area in front, and convert the area on the side of our home into a nice planting garden.
        online at http://www.theFrankes.com
        while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
        "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

        Comment

        • MilDoc

          #19
          Yeah.

          And the grass is starting to grow.

          And the live oaks are dropping their leaves and their seed pollen.

          !@#$%^&*()

          Comment

          • Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • 2698
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

            #20
            Global Warming my butt.

            It's still cold here in NY(eastern)

            Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

            Comment

            • Hellrazor
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2003
              • 2091
              • Abyss, PA
              • Ridgid R4512

              #21
              We had light snow showers on and off most of today. I am so glad it is spring...

              Comment

              Working...