• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce hylton
    Established Member
    • Dec 2008
    • winlock, wa
    • Dewalt today

Several times in the past I have used pipe clamps to fashion a bench extension. Simply drill the proper size hole below the existing bench top, slide in the pipe with clamp up and add a board or two to act as a temporary bench top.

Comment

• master53yoda
      Established Member
      • Oct 2008
      • Spokane Washington
      • bt 3000 2 of them and a shopsmith ( but not for the tablesaw part)

I've never seen a factory version of that, but I started using the same setup for my mortise and tenon type joints but I use the router with a spiral bit . On the crib that I built the slats were installed using this method. There were about 150 mortises and I designed a jig assembly for the router table in order to put them in accurately and in a reasonable amount of time, about 45 minutes for all after I got the Jig right. the slats where 1 1/4 by 3/8 with the edges rounded with a 1/8 radius bit. they can be cut off to form the tenons that are being sold for $2.25 each that go with this device. the joint created using this method is extremely strong.

What brought me to go to this type of mortise and tenon joint was the discussion amongst all here about the drill press mortising attachments and the fact that I have very limited shop space for a mortising machine like Sarge's as much is I'd like one.
      Last edited by master53yoda; 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM.
      Art

If you don't want to know, Don't ask

If I could come back as anyone one in history, It would be the man I could have been and wasn't....

Comment

Working...