Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

[QUOTE=Stytooner;394089]I have turnips and collards planted right now. I love fried chicken, plant watermelons and have to ask LOML nicely for some cornbread.

I would bet the majority does not know turnip greens and collards are planted in the fall. And many that have never heard of "polk salad".

Now.. when you planted those turnips and collards... did you do it with one of those new fangled garden tillers or....

A plow pulled by a mule... Gee - Haw .... Some things are just memories like that one and milking a cow.. slopping the pigs.. etc. But for me.. very favorable memories as if things were to run in reverse.. I've already taken the training course on how too...

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Originally posted by Alex Franke
      Wouldn't it be interesting if it were completely scientific -- if they had done a survey and marketed only the things that blacks said they wanted to see on sale. Would there still be such a stir?
      Sure there would still be a stir. But it would come from a few caucasians or orientals, etc. who would feel left out because they didn't have a say on what was on sale and targeted to them.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

[quote=SARGE..g-47;394219]
        Originally posted by Stytooner
        I have turnips and collards planted right now. I love fried chicken, plant watermelons and have to ask LOML nicely for some cornbread.

I would bet the majority does not know turnip greens and collards are planted in the fall. And many that have never heard of "polk salad".

Now.. when you planted those turnips and collards... did you do it with one of those new fangled garden tillers or....

My son actually does the tilling and planting. I do the watering and reaping.
        Lee

Comment

• Rescue U
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2006

Wow, and I thought this was a site about woodworking! I must have been some how switched over to Politics Central!

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Originally posted by Rescue U
            Wow, and I thought this was a site about woodworking! I must have been some how switched over to Politics Central!
            This forum is about anything except for politics and religion. "Politics Central" won't work.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Schleeper
              Established Member
              • Feb 2008

First, I'd like to thank the little people...

I have been awarded the exceedingly rare (1 out of 2298 members) Red Badge of Ill Repute, in recognition of having achieved a Rep rating of -7 (minus seven.) It is a singular honor, and I would be remiss if I didn't thank the two anonymous members that made it all possible. The negative feedback they left for this thread was what put me over the top (or, perhaps more accurately, under the bottom.) To them I say, well done!

I'm afraid I will be unable to reciprocate properly due to the cloaking of your identities. You may rest assured, however, that I raise my hand to you both, in hearty salute.
              Last edited by Schleeper; 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM. Reason: additional info
              "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• shoottx
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • Plano, Texas
                • BT3000

Well it is time for those who disagree with the negative rating to step up and cast your ballot.

I already have. I added positive!

Click on the icon next to the post number and add or subtract from the rating.
                Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

Working...