Anyone esle NOT watching the Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Anyone esle NOT watching the Super Bowl?

I'm sure it will be on in our house, but I really don't intend to watch it. I LOVE college football and will watch every game I can, but the NFL does nothing for me. I'm not even too excited about the commercials. I can probably find all the "buzz-worthy" ones tomorrow online anyway.

Besides, today is going to be close to 40, so I can finally get out with my son and work on his pinewood derby car.

Am I alone?
    Joe
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

You won't find me shoutin' and screamin' from a couch. Put some road racing on either cars or bikes, now that's different.

Comment

• Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

I don't really care about the game either. I might watch the end of the game if it is close.

Comment

• TheChief
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2008
        • Kentucky
        • Craftsman 21829

No "big game" at my house, either. Fortunately, no one in the family is a sports fan in any way, shape or form so other than outside influences we can pretty well avoid even references to it... provided we don't turn on the TV or access the Internet.
        TheChief
        "You emptied the dust collector? Dude... some of my best work was in there!"

Comment

• BobSch
          • Aug 2004
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

The Superbowl is today? Ho hum.
          Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • On the TARDIS
            • BT 3100

I'm going to a buddy's house so we can design a wine rack for his basement. In a couple of weeks though, I'll be doing the same as C-man.
            From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• jackellis
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

I may have it on in the background but I'm unlikely to be paying attention. Too many other interesting things to do around here.

Comment

• kirkroy
                Established Member
                • Feb 2007
                • Brunswick, MD

Originally posted by cabinetman
                You won't find me shoutin' and screamin' from a couch. Put some road racing on either cars or bikes, now that's different.
                I'm with you on that. I don't watch any football but I do watch all the WSBK and MotoGP races.

However, my brother, who doesn't drink, is coming to my house to avoid going to a drunken superbowl party with his buddies... So, we're turning it into a family day in which the superbowl happens to be playing on tv.

Comment

• jonmulzer
                  • Dec 2007
                  • Indianapolis, IN

Of all things to do today, my gf and I are volunteering at a homeless shelter. Seems they had trouble filling all the spots today because most of the volunteers have others plans.... Fortunately, I don't care about the Super Bowl so we gladly agreed to help out.
                  "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• catta12
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Reno, NV
                    • BTS20R

Ah, the annual "I won't watch thread." I will have it on but will be the only full game I have watched this year.
                    If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• kevincan
                      Established Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • Central Illinois
                      • Craftsman 21829

I will have the game on but will most likely be just watching the commercials. It seems like some of them are getting more hype than the game. LOML brought home some 3D glasses for one of the commercials - the kids are excited about that one.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2005
                        • Independence, MO, USA.
                        • bt3100

I dreamt of going by work and cutting the cable yesterday. I don't push woodworking on people, WhyTF do people push this **** on me (did you see that, who you betting on, who you hope for, etc)?

Or as at least a few other people I know said (inauguration day), 100+ channels, and nothing else on!?!?
                        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2007
                          • Tacoma, WA
                          • BT3000

Now if you feigned interest in the Super Bowl you would be invited to a few SB parties today where you could enjoy all the food and drink. Flirt with the wives and girlfriends there who also are not interested in the SB and make the lady in your life PO'd who then would not speak to you for a week. Giving you some quality time with your tools in the shop.

Guys, ya gotta look at the big picture.

Bill, who today may go for a walk on the beach because it's sunny out and I PO'd the guy who gives the best SB party last year by flirting with the wrong girlfriend.

Comment

• gsmittle
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2004
                            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                            • BT 3100

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
                            Or as at least a few other people I know said (inauguration day), 100+ channels, and nothing else on!?!?
                            I say that at least twice a week...

g.
                            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                            Bill & Ted

Comment

• dbhost
                              Slow and steady
                              • Apr 2008
                              • League City, Texas
                              • Ryobi BT3100

I'm a motorsports and Hockey kind of guy. I am aware that the Super Bowl is today, but other than I got a deal on a 12 pack of Budweiser, and Johnsonville Brats for my grill, I couldn't care less...

I actually remember when Fox had the "Football Haters Movie" on when the other networks were playing Football games...
                              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...