Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

One Of Those Moments

that make me weak in the knees.

My oldest has been on the nebulizer for the last week because of viral-induced asthma last week. 2 Fridays ago was when she started and she didn't like the pump on the machine - she would cover her ears. By day 4 she was ok with it. I get the kids going in the AM so I'd do her treatment every morning and usually again at night. Today she was an absolute pill which is good cause it means she is getting better . We put her to bed and she asks why she doesn't get her breathing treatment. I told her because you don't need it. You didn't like doing it. She says 'but I did, it was our special time together'.... So I went back and sang her a song. She starts breathing heavily and I ask if everything is ok. She says 'I was just pretending I was doing my breathing.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • BearPipes-1
    Established Member
    • May 2006
    • Silicon Valley, CA
    • Ryobi BT3100

Dude, I'm envious. I assure you that nobody breathes heavily when I sing them a song.

Even now, when I've got a husky voice from a virus, and sound ... just a bit ... like Barry White. Oh, yeah.
    Don't just say no to kickback.

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by BearPipes-1
      Dude, I'm envious. I assure you that nobody breathes heavily when I sing them a song.
      I often get that reaction to my singing, often accompanied by crying, screaming, and convulsions.... and that's when I am alone!
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by Pappy
        I often get that reaction to my singing, often accompanied by crying, screaming, and convulsions.... and that's when I am alone!
        I get exactly the same reaction. Now I just stand quietly in church during hymns.
        Chr's

Comment

• jking
          • May 2003
          • Des Moines, IA.
          • BT3100

Why is it that when your kids have pushed just about every button imaginable , they can turn around & say or do something like that? It just makes you want to melt, doesn't it?

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Is it any wonder we love them to death?

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Raffi
              Established Member
              • Sep 2003
              • CA, USA.

Very sweet.

Comment

• crokett
                The Full Monte
                • Jan 2003
                • Mebane, NC, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by BearPipes-1

Even now, when I've got a husky voice from a virus, and sound ... just a bit ... like Barry White. Oh, yeah.

Hmm.. You know I didn't think abou this. I have a husky voice from a cold too. I will try singing to my wife tonight.
                David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...