X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slik Geek
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Those of us here in Illinois who have suffered under this guy for the past six years know that "pay to play" is just one of the reasons that many believe the man isn't fit for the office.

What many across the nation (world?) may not know is that there was an effort last year to remove him from office (for other reasons). The Illinois Constitution doesn't have a provision for a recall election. An effort to amend the state law to allow a recall election was blocked by one of Blago's few remaining friends in the legislature: Senate President Emil Jones.

Illinois law (apparently) allows the Senate President to block legislation even if a majority of Senators are in support of it. This aspect may make the impeachment process interesting.

(Edit: I should note that Emil Jones is apparently retiring - someone else will be Senate President during the Impeachment trial).
    Last edited by Slik Geek; 01-10-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: Clarify Senate President going forward

Comment

• billwmeyer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Weir, Ks, USA.
      • BT3000

Honest Politician

But is he an honest politician? I was always told that an honest politician was one that would stay bought.

Bill
      "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• jwd12
        Established Member
        • Jun 2005
        • Dyer, In..
        • BT3100

Illinois Politics

Couple suggestions for Illinois and its politicians. The first is that the old state prison in Joliet should be converted to a Governors mansion. Failing that, perhaps they could elect someone still in jail, saving the expense of he trial.
        I am praying for patience but extremely upset that it takes so long.

Comment

• Kingbird87
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2003
          • Lakeland, Tennessee, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

Professional Wrestling and Illinois politics have a lot in common, I think Blago ought to get a mask and a partner.

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

All I can say is: White Sox Fans go to the White House
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Sox fan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	783791

Cubs Fans go to the Big House
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Cub-fan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	783792
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

Originally posted by Ed62
              All I can say is:

White Sox Fans go to the White House

Cubs Fans go to the Big House

An interesting assessment.

Comment