• Show
Clear All
  • stormdog74
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Bigbit
    In that case, Happy Festivus! (The Holiday for the Rest of Us)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus
    Yeah, Happy Festivus!

Really, what's wrong with "Happy Holidays"?! I always assumed people were lumping in New Years Day, which is also a holiday. And why don't we just take saying "Happy Holidays" as meaning to wish happiness for whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year - including Festivus! - which is, I think, nice and not necessarily an attack on "your" holiday. It just seems silly to be bothered by someone wishing you good will, no matter what form it takes.

I guess my pet peeve is when people get upset over "Happy Holidays"!

And I really need to check out this "Bob the Octopus Day"!

Comment

• RmeDad
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Scottsdale, AZ
      • BT3100-1

Merry christmas

Merry Christmas from Arizona!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss-cactustrees.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	783741
      Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by stormdog74
        Yeah, Happy Festivus!

Really, what's wrong with "Happy Holidays"?! I always assumed people were lumping in New Years Day, which is also a holiday. And why don't we just take saying "Happy Holidays" as meaning to wish happiness for whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year - including Festivus! - which is, I think, nice and not necessarily an attack on "your" holiday. It just seems silly to be bothered by someone wishing you good will, no matter what form it takes.

I guess my pet peeve is when people get upset over "Happy Holidays"!

And I really need to check out this "Bob the Octopus Day"!
        It's the political correctness of it that I find offensive... To me, PC means Personal Computer! Happy Holidays in itself isn't offensive, it's that so many people are being ramrodded into saying whatever the PC B.S. craze of the day is by the sensitivity police. It's not so much that I don't want folks to have a Happy Holiday season, It's that I don't want folks to be forbidden by the social engineers to wish me a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Happy Festivus, or Happy Bob The Octopus Day.

FWIW, Bob the Octopus was / is sort of a joke amongst several of my college friends. Bob was / is a glow in the dark rubber octopus a friend had in his old Volkswagen bus that was deemed to be the not quiet modern epiphany of Dionysus Bacchus. About 18" long, Bob was effectively the Patron Saint of the Igloo Cooler during Tailgating parties, and other festivities.... He was never more than a couple of feet from the cooler...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Whaler
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Sequim, WA, USA.
          • DW746

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all!
          Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by dbhost
            ... About 18" long, Bob was effectively the Patron Saint of the Igloo Cooler during Tailgating parties, and other festivities.... He was never more than a couple of feet from the cooler...
            Now that's my kinda holiday! Happy Bob the Octopus/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Christmas/Non-Denominational Holiday of Your Choice Day!

Here's my Christmas present this year: since I can't travel in the car more than 15 minutes (not cleared by Doc yet) I get to miss both family gatherings! Bummer.

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

• germdoc
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Omaha, NE
              • BT3000--the gray ghost

Have a Merry, ya know...

Oh, and if you're into Hanukkah (and who isn't!) check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzGsO0D3KBo
              Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• shoottx
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • Plano, Texas
                • BT3000

Originally posted by RAFlorida
                have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And the wishes go out to each and every body on the BT3Central forum also. May you all celebrate and be safe.
                I agree also! Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah for all.
                Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

Working...