• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

AT&T Universe

Any body here have AT&T Universe. We have AT&T phone and DSL and Dishnetwork on speperate bills. How do you like AT&T universe with the phone, internet and TV? How much do you pay each month and what package do you have? We are thinking of changing and dropping Dishnetwork.

Thanks

Tom
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

We have AT&T DSL, landline, 3 cell phones, and Direct TV on a bundle. Not a bad deal. I think it's around $160/mo.

Comment

• just started
      • Mar 2008
      • suburban Philly

If you are in a fiber-optic service area it's great, if not it's no better than what you have now.

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
        Veteran Member
        • May 2005
        • IL, USA.
        • DELTA 36-675

I recently switched from Comcast and now have AT&T UVerse and I have the U300 package for the TV and Internet 6mb download and I am still paying $40.00 less than what I used to pay Comcast. Very happy and I also got a $200.00 check from them. So for the next 12 months I am saving a total of $480.00 plus $200.00 check so $680.00 and all I lost was HBO. I gained multiple DVR's as well.

Vonage also lowered me rates for the unlimited plan from $24.99 to $9.99 for the next 12 months when I told them I was going to cancel and move to AT&T.

$860.00 total savings for the next 12 months made sense to me especially these days.

I do not work for AT&T.

Kind regards,
        Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

IT's "Uverse" not Universe.
          Search for Uverse here and there a number of threads from last year and since when I had it and I nd others made numerous comments on it.

Generally it was nice but had a lot of quirks last year. Also its main limitation is bandwidth. The total bandwidth entering your nehgborhood box is high but the bandwidth entering your house is limited to about 20 mbits per sec. You house receiver tells the neighborhhood box what to send in that 20 Mbit bandwidth. ulitmately you are limited to internet + 1 HD channel and 2 SD channels or
          internet + 3 SD channels... can't record one HD and watch another D or even watch 2 HD channels in the house on different sets.

Compared to cable, cable has high bandwidth to the house, all HD channels are available simultaneously at as many sets as you have receivers for.

That limit may or may not be a problem depending on your usage habits. Other than that it has a great picture but it slow switching between channels.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• TB Roye
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Sacramento, CA, USA.
            • BT3100

Lorring

Thanks for the correction, I noticed that when I was on the site. We are going to have only 1 HD set and the other 3 will be SD. We usually only have 2 set on at one time so we should be ok. They wired (?) the area this past year so it is fairly new. I will have 30 to decide if we like it. I just go tired of problem with Dishnetwork and the recption, the trees around here are getting big and the neighbors won't want to trim them just for me. I have a choice of Comcast or AT&T right now and as I have a AT&T account might as well go with them. December 16 is the day.

Tom

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by TB Roye
              Lorring

Thanks for the correction, I noticed that when I was on the site. We are going to have only 1 HD set and the other 3 will be SD. We usually only have 2 set on at one time so we should be ok. They wired (?) the area this past year so it is fairly new. I will have 30 to decide if we like it. I just go tired of problem with Dishnetwork and the recption, the trees around here are getting big and the neighbors won't want to trim them just for me. I have a choice of Comcast or AT&T right now and as I have a AT&T account might as well go with them. December 16 is the day.

Tom
              Well, the 1 channel of HD is an issue if you want to DVR one HD channel and watch another HD channel at the same time... even if you have only one set.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• goslin23
                Established Member
                • Feb 2007
                • Richmond, TX
                • Rigid TS3650

I have had Uverse for a little over a year now and it's good. They have had growing pains but it is getting much better. ALL markets now have 2HD/2SD feeds and whole home DVR where you can use any box to access the main DVR. They just added a bunch more HD channels and have more in the pipeline as they are not limited like cable is in the number of channels they can provide. I'm still waiting on their VOIP service here in the Houston area and will get it as soon as it's available.

Check these forums out for info..

http://www.uverseusers.com/
                Last edited by goslin23; 11-20-2008, 08:21 AM. Reason: adding link
                If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

• TB Roye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

That is what I am supposed to be getting. Right now we have 3 Dishnetwork receivers. We are adding a new outlet in LOML Den/craftroom when we get Uverse. I am going to try and get them to add on extra outlet for TV in the Living room so when LOML decides to rearange the funiture I will have the outlet. I will keep all the Dish stuff for the 30 days and make sure I like it. The monthly cost will be about the same or less than it is now.

Tom

Comment

Working...