Clear All
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

'Bout time!

A new inductee into the National Museum of Play:

http://tinyurl.com/5z8cz6

Remember when being a kid required an imagination?
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Hey Bob

I played with those a lot when I was a kid, they forgot stick hose. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

A joke.

What's brown and sticky?

A stick!
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Mar 2004
        • Northern NJ, USA.
        • BT3100

Ahhh...file this one under today's music ain't what it used to be, tv is too violent and sexually oriented, the youth are growing ever more lazy, and the world is going to **** in a handbasket.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I've got to point out that in another 20 years when they induct Colecovision or Intellivision into that hall of fame, I'll be griping about how kids don't have any imagination since they will (by then) have virtual world 4D games and I had to play on a 2D 13 inch television with bad quality. And yet the world will go on and be both as beautiful and screwed-up as it always was.
        A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• jking
          • May 2003
          • Des Moines, IA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by 430752
          I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I've got to point out that in another 20 years when they induct Colecovision or Intellivision into that hall of fame, I'll be griping about how kids don't have any imagination since they will (by then) have virtual world 4D games and I had to play on a 2D 13 inch television with bad quality. And yet the world will go on and be both as beautiful and screwed-up as it always was.
          They mentioned the Atari 2600 has been inducted.

As far as the stick goes, when we're outside, my 3 yr old always seems to find a stick to play with. One of the many positives of being a parent is being able to re-learn how to use your imagination. I am sometimes amazed at some of the things my 3 yr old will "imagine" toys, objects, sticks, rocks to be when he is playing.

Comment

• rcp612
            Established Member
            • May 2005
            • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
            • Bosch 4100-09

The original "Transformer".
            It went from being a sword to a machine gun with just a flick of the wrist.
            Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

• germdoc
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Omaha, NE
              • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by rcp612
              The original "Transformer".
              It went from being a sword to a machine gun with just a flick of the wrist.
              And then to a punishment device with a flick of the wrist if you misbehaved...
              Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• spratone35
                Handtools only
                • Nov 2008
                • Oak Harbor, WA
                • Powermatic PM2000

Used to be a parody song by Bob and Tom about all I want for Christmas is a Stick.

Comment

• spratone35
                  Handtools only
                  • Nov 2008
                  • Oak Harbor, WA
                  • Powermatic PM2000

And here is the link. Very Funny!!!
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• leehljp
                    Just me
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Tunica, MS
                    • BT3000/3100

On another forum, people are forever asking the same question over and over and over and . . .

And there are more tutorials on the same subject describing the procedure over and over and over . . .

. . and the response is "I followed it to the "T" but it still don't work.

to which my response is - EXPERIMENT! Look, observe, use your imagination and judgement - THINK about the situation.

The response to that is: Just give me another descriptive list to try!
                    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...