• Show
Clear All
  • niki
    • Nov 2006
    • Poland
    • EB PK255

Goooood morning America - Avemos Papa

Good morning

I just want to congratulate all my American friends in the forum and all the American nation for electing your 44th President.

Never mind what are your political views or for who you voted for, now it's the time to give your President all the support so he can recover the country economy and other issues.....

Hey guys, all my savings are in American Dollars that depreciated a lot in the last 4 years but, I still trust that the $ will be strong as it was...

Congratulations
    niki
    Last edited by niki; 11-05-2008, 06:45 AM.
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

Thanks for the good wishes and your faith in the USA. I hope we can justify it for you.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

Thanks for that Niki.

One thing is for sure the voters of the USA have elected a new president and the tradition continues. We will keep doing this every four years forever. Some would say that now is the time for the political bikering to end. Some will say now is the time we need to unite as citizens and support the President Elect. Many are saying that Obama has a mandate.

I say lets leave all political discussion to a different forum than this. I say it behoves all principled Americans to stick to their principals. Those that disagree with the majority need to stand up and fight for what they believe is right. I believe they have a duty to speak with conviction for what they believe in. Politics is all about comprimising for the good of all. There are many issues that both sides will never agree on and I'm not sure this is a bad thing.

Let all of us Americans hope that we will be able continue to do those things that define us. That on this forum would be fine hobby woodworking. IMHO it is only by leaving our political leanings at the entry point to this forum that we can really unite and focus on what brings us all here day after day.

Let the arguement be Oak or Walnut or Maple or Cherry! Face frame or Frameless. M&T or dowels. Biscuits or splines. Lock miter or dovetail. Wood slicer or Timber Wolf. We have plenty that really matters, plenty that really needs to be discussed, plenty that really has lasting importance. Poly or oil is the important decision.

/rant
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

As an ex military serviceman I offered my life for the defense of this country. Speaking for all veterans, reservists, and those brave men and women on active duty, my question is this:
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        As a new President, what changes if any do you think he will make to the woodwork in the White House?

Comment

• niki
          • Nov 2006
          • Poland
          • EB PK255

Black Walnut

I didn't have any intentions to start any political discussion that I even don't understand about because, I don't live in USA...

My intention was just to congratulate you for the new President.......well....with a hope (big hope) that he will make the Dollar stronger...for me

But, if you think that the subject may "boil the water", please delete the post...

Regards
          niki

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
            As a new President, what changes if any do you think he will make to the woodwork in the White House?

Something radical, maybe no molding at all, the simplified look.

Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• Black wallnut
              cycling to health
              • Jan 2003
              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
              • BT3k 1999

niki, don't sweat it bud! I took no offense. I am sure this discussion will not turn political!

I also want to see a very strong US$ but for selfish reasons. High US$ = lower cost of fuel for US! I want to see the US return to prosperity, check that, would like to see prosperity and freedom around the globe. Best case is a US Presidet that hangs on for the ride, worst case is one that stifles it. Either route has far more factors than just who is our President.

©

Comment

• shoottx
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • Plano, Texas
                • BT3000

Originally posted by niki
                Good morning

I just want to congratulate all my American friends in the forum and all the American nation for electing your 44th President.

Never mind what are your political views or for who you voted for, now it's the time to give your President all the support so he can recover the country economy and other issues.....

Hey guys, all my savings are in American Dollars that depreciated a lot in the last 4 years but, I still trust that the $ will be strong as it was...

Congratulations
                niki
                The political process in this country continues to be the great global experiment. While we have great pride in a tradition that goes back over 200 years, in the history of the planet it is still a rather short term experiment. We often get excited about the shifts in political parties or changes in policy, but we are still experimenting.

Thanks for your vote of confidence in this great experiment by placing your savings in our currency.
                Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                  The Full Monte
                  • May 2007
                  • Sunshine State
                  • BT3000

Thanks for the good wishes, niki... I know we all are hoping this new era yields positive things for all. I know that we (I at least) often forget the impact that things happening here in the USA has on the rest of the world. It's good to know that you and others are pulling for us.

I'm Uncle Cracker, and I approved this message...

Comment

• BobSch
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                    • BT3100

I was just happy to see the celebration in Grant Park last night. I was in Chicago during the 1968 Democratic convention where there weren't may smiles in the parks—just a lot of both protesters and innocent bystanders with bloody heads.
                    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• pacwind3
                      Established Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • Vancouver, WA
                      • Bosch 4100

After some snooping on the internet last night, I found out that camp David has a wood shop onsite and that Ronald Regan used to enjoy spending time there.
                      I did not know that.

Comment

• niki
                        • Nov 2006
                        • Poland
                        • EB PK255

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                        I also want to see a very strong US$ but for selfish reasons.
                        Same for me. I want to buy Planer/Thicknesser (and other tools) and already 2 years I'm postponing it because of the weak Dollar here...so, I'll wait...

Originally posted by shoottx
                        Thanks for your vote of confidence in this great experiment by placing your savings in our currency.
                        From 1990, all my saving were in Bank of America but lately, I changed to City Bank to be able to move the money from country to country (all the transaction are free of charge in City Bank) but still, everything is in US Dollars.

Originally posted by pacwind3
                        I found out that camp David has a wood shop onsite and that Ronald Regan used to enjoy spending time there.
                        I did not know that.
                        I think that also Jimmy Carter was a very good woodworker

Regards
                        niki

Comment

• Alex Franke
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2007
                          • Chapel Hill, NC
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks, Niki! I'll do my best to help you get more zloty for your dollar.
                          online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                          while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                          "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Black wallnut
                            cycling to health
                            • Jan 2003
                            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                            • BT3k 1999

snip

I think that also Jimmy Carter was a very good woodworker

Regards
                            niki
                            Yessir, Jimmy Carter is a woodworker, heck he's even a fly fisherman! A great humanitiarian. Lots of great things can be said of the man when we leave politics out of it!

©

Comment

• niki
                              • Nov 2006
                              • Poland
                              • EB PK255

Thank you Alex

I'm not a Polish citizen but you will not believe what is the Polish "dream"...."no entry Visa to USA" (like the Japanese have)...it started with the previous Polish President - Kvashnievski - and continues till to day and it looks to me that they will do anything to get free entree to the "County of the unlimited possibilities"

Kvashnievsky talked just a few days ago from New-York and expressed his hops that the new elected President will give Poland what he called - "Visa Waiver"...

Regards
                              niki

Comment

Working...