• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

How did you make out?

We had 41 candy bars left after trick or treat. And I didn't even have to dress up.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

We take the kids to my sister's neighborhood. This year didn't seem as busy as last year was. Most of the families there said the same thing.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

We had groups of 10 or so kids, and I was typically handing 3 or 4 pieces to each child. After the last group, I had 14 pieces of candy left, so I turned the lights out...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • On the TARDIS
        • BT 3100

We had around 25 kids all night. I'm sure if I had bought stuff that I like there would have been a million trick or treaters!
        From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• shoottx
          Veteran Member
          • May 2008
          • Plano, Texas
          • BT3000

We went through four big bags of candy (M&M) handing one per kid. Our neighborhood has lots. I did notice a few of the "professional Trick or Treaters" thats when I folded the tent!
          Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• chopnhack
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Florida
            • Ryobi BT3100

Little guy was so tired after his first trick or treat that we turned in early and I have a small pumpkin full of treats to keep me company as i type
            I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

The couple of kids that live on the street go elsewhere. Only kid we had was the Granddaughter. She is spending the weekend so Mom and Dad can have some time alone for their anniversary.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• TB Roye
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

1 bag of 50 and a few in the bowl. Started out with 5 bags of 50 so we didn't get as many as usual and none of older punks this year rain must have kept them in their kennel. The little one and younger teenagers are good. Great costumes and attitudes and say thank you.

Tom

Comment

• tlt
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • Tucson, Arizona.
                  • Delta 36-682

Last year I ran out of candy, so went out and bought 5 bags...still have 3 left. Although somebody ran off with the halloween luminaries I posted earlier (http://bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=41196). Not sure whether to be angry or take it as a compliment....

Comment

• Tom Slick
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2005
                    • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                    • sears BT3 clone

Had a total of 8 kids stop by.
                    There are more kids then that in the area but my guess is no street lights or sidewalks make it not too kid/parent friendly at night. There are a lot of festivals so I'm guessing they go there.
                    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

We had a couple dozen kids this year, mostly in groups of 2 or 3, so I got plenty of candy left over (always give full-sized Hershey bars) that I can't eat... I'll just give 'em to my grandkids, and let my son worry about the dental bills.

Ms. Baby was her usual gentle and sweet self, and several kids got their first chance to pet or hold a snake. Couple moms, too, but most kept their distance. Gave her a nice yummy rat as a reward (had no leftovers there... ).

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Buena Park, CA
                        • CM 21829

We're a target neighborhood for the surrounding area, which buses in the little goblins, who started arriving about 6:45pm. 1000 pieces of candy gone in 90 minutes. Turned off the lights and watched "Monster House" with my own goblins.
                        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• docrowan
                          • Mar 2007
                          • New Albany, MS
                          • BT3100

We had "Trunk and Treat" in our church parking lot. Church members pull up their cars and trucks, set up lawn chairs and hand out candy to anyone who comes by. We also served coffee, hot chocolate, fresh popped popcorn, cotton candy, and handed out frisbees and glow necklaces. Last year we had about a 1,000 people come out, I didn't get a count last night but I think it was somewhere around that. We had a big time.

PS: My little girl is sitting in my lap as I type this - she wants me to use the pink smiley face, so here it is: Oh and her boyfriend is:
                          - Chris.

Comment

• germdoc
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2003
                            • Omaha, NE
                            • BT3000--the gray ghost

We had a surprisingly small turnout. It could be that the scary ghoul on my front porch (or cat behind the door) scared away a lot of the trick-or-treaters...

On the "trick" side--I went out running about 3 pm in the afternoon and tripped on an uneven spot on the sidewalk. So I went tumbling and landed on my right shoulder. I was sure I had broken my collarbone, but 2 hours and an X-ray later I found out it was probably just a mild AC separation (a separated shoulder). I won't be able to lift weights or other heavy objects for a month or 2, but it could have been much worse...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by germdoc; 11-01-2008, 11:41 PM.
                            Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• JeffG78
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                              • BT3100

The weather here in Michigan was fantastic last night, so turnout was very good. It was about 70 degrees at 6pm and still close to 60 at 8pm. We got 100 or so kids in the first 1/2 hour and then turned off the lights and went to a block party that our neighbors were throwing.

What does everybody think of the extended Daylight Savings Time? It just doesn't feel like Halloween to me when it's still sunny outside and the neighborhood is full of Trick-or-Treaters.

Comment

Working...