• Show
Clear All
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

Leaf Blowers

We don't have a really large yard but I wanted a leaf blower. I picked up a Toro electric blower/vac yesterday and gave it a try today. I wasn't expecting much but this thing worked great. I blew the leaves into a semi pile and then used the vac attachment to pick them up and mulch them into tiny bits.
    Only down side is dragging the cord around.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Hi Dick

That sounds great, except for the cord, but I have a Ryobi Weedeater with attachments

that include a leaf blower, it works like a champ. There are many other things that fit.

Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

I use a Toro at work for cleaning the insides of computers. We can set six or seven of them just outside the door and turn the leaf blower on them. Works better than an air compressor!

Comment

• mmcduffie
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Des Moines, Washington.
        • BT3000

I have the same Toro leaf blower/vac and it's a godsend for cleaning up the little tiny leaves from the maple out front.

I also have a Ryobi 18V blower that works wonders for cleaning sawdust out of the garage.

I like the computer cleaning idea, I've always used the exhaust of a canister vac for the same thing.

Michael

Comment

• gerti
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
          • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Are those Toro blowers loud?

The thing that worries me about using any kind of pressured air to clean computer cases: You'll be getting those fans moving, and they start working like generators. No idea if that voltage might damage something.

Comment

• mmcduffie
            Established Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Des Moines, Washington.
            • BT3000

Originally posted by gerti
            Are those Toro blowers loud?

The thing that worries me about using any kind of pressured air to clean computer cases: You'll be getting those fans moving, and they start working like generators. No idea if that voltage might damage something.
            While PC fans do have magnets in them, they are not the same as a permanent magnet motor.

The rotor in a PC fan has the magnets spaced around the inner hub and the field is commutated (sp?) around inside of it. There are no brushes and no winding.

I don't think they will generate power if spun externally. I've done it a zillion times without causing problems.

Michael

Comment

Working...