water damage

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • leehljp
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 8803
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

    #16
    This is late getting this in and it is too late for you - for electrical parts and circuit boards - pour denatured alcohol on it. DNA will flush excess water and and evaporate more - faster than normal evaporation. This works well at times when cola or coffee has been spilled on keyboards but also on other electrical switches and components. It is worth a try.
    Hank Lee

    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

    Comment

    • LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • 4890
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

      #17
      Originally posted by jackellis
      You might try drying things out in an oven set to 110 or 1120 degrees. It'll lower the relative humidity inside the oven and help dry things out faster.
      Fahrenheit, Celsius, or Kelvin? If Kelvin, that is REALLY a good oven. LOL

      A LOT of good suggestions here, and I think I read once before (probably could find it via searching). about someone who went through it due to a hurricane. He told about what he did and what he would do differently. It was on one of a few boards I read, most likely this one or OWWM.

      Above ALL else, I am going to repeat something that I think was said here already. Make SURE it is COMPLETELY dried out before plugging it in.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

      Comment

      • jhgrady
        Established Member
        • Jul 2003
        • 297
        • Alexandria, Va, USA.

        #18
        Hi

        I second the opinion of Capncarl - I had 8' of water in my shop. I rinsed off the electric tools and let them air dry - I didn't loose any.

        Pay special attention to battery powered tools - I think I lost all of them.

        Hope this helps.

        John

        Comment

        • Kristofor
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2004
          • 1331
          • Twin Cities, MN
          • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

          #19
          Originally posted by LinuxRandal
          Fahrenheit, Celsius, or Kelvin? If Kelvin, that is REALLY a good oven. LOL.
          If that was in Kelvin we'd have to call it a refrigerator rather than an oven .

          One more agreement for rinse it out, let it dry, and give it a shot. Will also work with cell phones more often than not (>25 phones "saved" at work in the last few years) if you pull the battery right away, and wait until they're really dry before putting it back in...

          Comment

          Working...