Are You...Have You Been (How Many Times)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoakie
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Iowa
    • Craftsman 21829

1 for 14, wouldn't cut it in the Big Leauges but it works for a hack like me!
    John
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• Nilt
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2008
      • Seattle
      • Bosch 4100 with Gravity Rise

Twice. First for less than a year (she died in a car accident). Second is going strong now at 12 and a half years, although we'll have been together for 18 years in November. Dang, I'm getting old. hehe
      Last edited by Nilt; 08-23-2008, 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling
      Nilt

If it's too tight, don't force it. Just get a bigger hammer.
      Frank Klaus

Comment

• dlminehart
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • San Jose, CA, USA.

1 for 26, going strong. The parents on both sides of our family married young, until death did them part. Raised the bar for us young 'uns.
        - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

51 years coming up in Dec. Is it necessary to say this is my first?

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Here's my matrimonial saga. Married the first time to a high school sweetheart. Dated for five years and got married while I was in the Army. We were apart for great periods due to my military duty stations. Then after 5 years of marriage, parted as friends.

I was single for the next six years "sowing wild oats". A business acquaintance introduced me to a lovely woman 15 years younger than I, that had two magnificent qualities. After the first hour I realized she was very good looking. We lived together for a year and then married. After two years, and a heated court battle over whether I would be supporting her for the rest of her life, she got a sizable chunk of woodworking proceeds.

I was single for the next 8 years "sowing wild oats" and met my present wife who was the office manager for a large contractor that I did a lot of woodworking for. I was in and out of her office a few times a week for over a year. We would engage in intellectual banter, and finally we "went out". After the first date, we moved in together a week later. For the next 10 years enjoyed our love together as a couple, and got married. So, for the last 7 years she has been "Mrs. Cabinetman". She is still my "wild oats", and will always be.

Comment

• Whit
              Established Member
              • Apr 2003
              • Denton, Tx, USA.
              • BT3000, BT3100

Once and for 56 years. Asked her if she wanted to go for 56 more and she said no, but we are working on more. She tolerates me :-)
              Whit

Comment

• JerryMak2
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2004
                • Roswell, NM, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000, 1995 vintage

JerryMak

Been at it 52+ and still going strong.
                Jerry

Comment

• germdoc
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2003
                  • Omaha, NE
                  • BT3000--the gray ghost

I was more or less happily married for 19 years. Unfortunately the marriage lasted 21. I have been officially divorced for 1 month. Sometimes you don't have any other choice, but as a portfolio booster I wouldn't advise it.

I feel like a teenager again, without the acne--every day holds new possibilities. I have a date tomorrow evening, so who knows??

Interestingly, my sister got married today down in Tennessee to husband #4. After the first one I kind of lost interest in going to them, so I sent her some flowers. Maybe the 4th time's the charm...
                  Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• scmhogg
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
                    • BT3000

Two for me and LOML. First, ten very long years, second 32 and counting.

We were both married when we met. Two months later we moved in together.

Steve
                    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• shoottx
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2008
                      • Plano, Texas
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
                      I will speak for Mark, like any good wife, and say that we have been married for 13 years now and it was the first marriage for both of us.
                      And I thought you were going to tell us Mark thought this was the best thing he had ever done. And he is always extremely happy to be married.

I am married to my first wife for 31 years next month. I keep introducing her as "my first wife” to keep her on her toes. She says “I am not well trained yet so there is no sense in starting over.”

A noted university once did a study of marriages that lasted 30, 40, 50 years. In looking for the common denominator, they discovered in all of these long lasting marriages resulted from the man just doing what the wife said. I kinda believe it
                      Last edited by shoottx; 08-23-2008, 06:42 PM.
                      Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• conwaygolfer
                        Established Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • Conway, SC.
                        • BT3000

Are You-------

Got married at 21 to my girlfriend of 4 years. Married in Feb. and in June, she asked me if I loved her. Like a dummy I said I guess I do? Why are you asking me that? She replied that if I did not know for sure she was leaving. She went home to her mother that very night. Never saw her again. Not even for the divorce.
                        Got married about 3 years later and have been married now for 37 years. I guess I picked the wrong one the first time??

Comment

• TB Roye
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                          • BT3100

Been married 43 years next Feb 26th. Don't care to try again too old to go through the training cycle again.

Tom
                          Last edited by TB Roye; 08-25-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
                            Slow and steady
                            • Apr 2008
                            • League City, Texas
                            • Ryobi BT3100

I am on #2. Wish like crazy she was my #1 though. My first time out the shoot was miserable. Been out of marriage #1 now for 4 years... dated my darling bride for 2 years, married her as fast as the $$ would allow for a nice wedding... Finally feel like I am home...
                            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• thiggy
                              Established Member
                              • Sep 2003
                              • Alabama.
                              • Craftsman Contractor

Once, and will be 40 years next Saturday!!
                              SOW YOUR WILD OATS ON SATURDAY NIGHT - - - THEN ON SUNDAY PRAY FOR CROP FAILURE!

Comment

• TomBar
                                Forum Newbie
                                • Apr 2005
                                • Rexford, NY, USA.
                                • BT3100

It will be 33 years next month. She has to be special to put up with me for so long.
                                Tom

Comment

Working...