X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

I haven't purchased a new computer for myself or family in nearly 10 years. Last new one was a DTK PII-400. Since then, I've bought 1/2 dozen Dell refurbs. SWMBO got a refurbed MacBook earlier this year. The kids are getting a refurbed Dell Vostro this week or next. Only time I had an issue with a refurbed Dell was about 7 or 8 years ago. Company I worked for bought about 50 refurbed Dell Latitude CPx series laptops over about a year's period. One particular unit I had to call for service more than once. Third time I called in, Dell said wipe the drive and send it back. They sent me a replacement that was better than the original.

So, I do get refurbs, but only from known quality sources. Granted, my opinion may differ than y'all's, but I have to go on my own experiences.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Never made any purchases through Buy.com, don't plan on it. I have found much better customer service, and pricing through Amazon and other online retailers...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...