This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilDoc

2008 Olympics!!!!!

Anyone else watching the Olympic trials, or following the reporting on NBC's web site:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/ ?

OMG I love this stuff!

Never was much into other sports at all, but I love gymnastics and track & field!

Can't WAIT until 08/08/2008!
  • OpaDC
    Established Member
    • Feb 2008
    • Pensacola, FL
    • Ridgid TS3650

Huge Olympic fan also. Actually wife and I big sports fans in general. Heck, I even watch soccer and Tour de France (no spoilers here). I only hope NBC shows more than the sports they expect the U.S. to do well in. When I lived in Europe I loved having one television on AFN and the other on Eurosport. Two different views with more varied coverage from Eurosport. I really don't need the life story of every American athlete. Don't get me wrong USA USA USA all the way, but I tune in to see the sports.

p.s. Wonder if the record setting swimsuits with the miniature propellers will be banned!
    Last edited by OpaDC; 07-08-2008, 10:48 PM. Reason: added post script

second star to the right and straight on til morning

Comment

• MilDoc

Yeah OpaDC -- my big regret about Olympic coverage is all the stuff I don't care about. I would like to see more FIELD in the T&F coverage, and other things like Archery. But now that it's also on the internet, maybe I can watch what never gets on TV.

But gotta get a card in my PC that allows me to record to the HD.

Any suggestions for a TV/TIVO like card w/o replacing my graphics card?

Comment

• andrew.r.w
        Established Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Canada.

On the news today a reporter at a rowing venue in Beijing said the pollution was so bad the viewers (soon to be replaced by $1,000+ ticket holders) couldn't see more than about half the event for smog.

Luckily, the Chinese government will be shutting down many industries and putting vehicles on alternate driving days to hopefully curb pollution for the games.
        Andrew

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

news today as that NBC is going to present 3600 hours of coverage, 2/3 of it on the www.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...