Be Carefull helping your neighbors! (Stytooner!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Be Carefull helping your neighbors! (Stytooner!)

AKA, I just lost/sold, my Sharkguard!

Next door neighbor, has/used an OLD Craftsman, that he said, was a 3/4" arbor (don't know the model). He got back into woodworking (turned 65 and tired of dealing with bosses junk and up and quit), and was looking at a benchtop saw. I told him about the BT and where to go (our local Cummins) and he ended up with one.
    He likes it SOOOOO much better then his old darkside saw.
    He doesn't have/use the internet, so he asked his daughter to find him a dado plate. She got the wrong one (for the old saw). He asked me about them, and I went in and grabbed one out of the accessory kit (got two at bargains for the DSMT), I also gave him a miter clamp. We then got on the subject of dust collection and I talked about the blade guard (he never installed the factory one). I brought mine over (using the guided circular saw system, tablesaw has been unused for quite a while) and told him to try it and let me know what he thinks.

He went in for a while, played and brought out a $20 (which we argued about, I told him don't worry about the dado plate or clamp). Then proceeded to ask about zero clearance inserts (been putting duct tape on the bottom of the throat plate), and a few other things. Then he said he liked the gaurd and how much did he owe me!

I need to give him some sites, and download and print Lorings FAQ's, but be careful helping neighbors. You never know when you will sell something!
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Maybe after He gets to wanting other items, He'll buy something You need. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

I know what you mean. I get a lot of guys that will call because they don't like the internet or can't type good for email. It's these guys that I really have a hard time sending a link to for photo's or installation instructions. Most of these have seen them on someone else's saw and this is how they found out about it.

I have heard of guys upgrading to a different saw and the sale of the old saw was only a deal if the shark came with it.

Apparently the shark or lack of is a deal breaker sometimes. This tells me I done good.
      Lee

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

I'd tell your neighbor he owes you the cost of getting a new one since that was your only one. He should get the hint if he is any kind of a neighbor.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Apparently the shark or lack of is a deal breaker sometimes. This tells me I done good.
          Lee, you haven't done good. You've done GREAT!

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by jackellis
            Lee, you haven't done good. You've done GREAT!
            What he said!

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

• BobSch
              • Aug 2004
              • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
              • BT3100

You can have mine IF you can pry it from my cold, dead hand!
              Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...