X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salty
    • Feb 2006
    • Akron, Ohio

Box store knuckleheads

What kind of knuckleheads maintain and manage these websites?
    I have been waiting for the blue box page to finish loading for 15 minutes.
    I was looking for fencing earlier and when I went to the next page it almot loaded! The green bars at the bottom are all filled like it was about to display the page. Then it just sits there....waiting....on what?... the sun to explode? Course that is with IE and that could also be part of the problem.
    I switched to my second PC and used Firefox and got the pages without a problem.
    But then there is another problem that is certainly not related to browser software.
    I found an item. There was no price so I switched to another store. Not sold at that store. I spent several minutes checking all the stores in NE ohio. Not sold in any of them. Then I tried some stores in Florida. Same thing.
    Hello...you nutheads at the box store who manage these things. Wouldn't it be a really novel idea to tell the customer who the heck DOES sell it so we can at least get a price on the thing. Seems so simple to me!

BTW, still waiting on the page to finish....
    Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?
  • Lee4847
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Canton, Oh
    • BT3100

You need a router/gateway... no gate..no fence!

Have you looked at the people working there?? Do you think they get paid much?? Do you think their IT department is any better??
    Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• Salty
      • Feb 2006
      • Akron, Ohio

You must have ESP...as a matter of fact, I was looking for a gate for vinyl fencing!

Comment

• Shipwreck
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Salty
        What kind of knuckleheads maintain and manage these websites?
        I have been waiting for the blue box page to finish loading for 15 minutes.
        I was looking for fencing earlier and when I went to the next page it almot loaded! The green bars at the bottom are all filled like it was about to display the page. Then it just sits there....waiting....on what?... the sun to explode? Course that is with IE and that could also be part of the problem.
        I switched to my second PC and used Firefox and got the pages without a problem.
        But then there is another problem that is certainly not related to browser software.
        I found an item. There was no price so I switched to another store. Not sold at that store. I spent several minutes checking all the stores in NE ohio. Not sold in any of them. Then I tried some stores in Florida. Same thing.
        Hello...you nutheads at the box store who manage these things. Wouldn't it be a really novel idea to tell the customer who the heck DOES sell it so we can at least get a price on the thing. Seems so simple to me!

BTW, still waiting on the page to finish....

They reload thier site every night. Its usually down or very slow from midnight to around 6 am.

Comment

• rmcjh
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2003
          • Waxahachie, Texas, USA.

Several months ago I sent them an e-mail stating the same thing as you brought up. "Why not tell me where I can find the item in a 100 mile area of where I live". I did a search of 15 places and got the same response of the item not being available.

I did get a response stating they would look into it. Neither of the Borgs are really that good as far as assisting you find something easily.
          roger

Comment

• rnelson0
            Established Member
            • Feb 2008
            • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
            • Firestorm FS2500TS

Have you looked at the people working there?? Do you think they get paid much?? Do you think their IT department is any better??
            HD has a fairly decent IT department. Lowes has endemic problems that prevent any group, much less IT, doing anything - higher ups are control freaks and will easily stop projects because they're not in control. This is one of many reasons I stick with HD now unless Lowes has a particular brand or a good sale/clearance.

Comment

• Salty
              • Feb 2006
              • Akron, Ohio

Well, I'm not so sure HD is much better. As I recall, I did a search on HD for vinyl fence and got 2 items back. I figured they didn't sell it. Then 2 days ago we got a flier with the newpaper and they had dozens of sizes and styles to choose from.
              Sometimes I wonder if it is by design to get you into the store.

Comment

• DUD
                Royal Jester
                • Dec 2002
                • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

I don't have ESP, I have 6 channels of ESPN. Bill
                5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• RAFlorida
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Ref: Box store knuckleheads

Salty, in your last post you hit the nail on the head. Both Lowes and HD as well as some other stores, will only place so much on their website. And what they do place, you have to call it by what that store calls it. They figure you are more likely to buy other products if you come "into" their store. The ITs and management know that people will compare prices online and that sometimes undercuts their price they list.

Comment

Working...