• Show
Clear All
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
    They should film in, muted, with a much higher frames per second, and play Boot's Randolph, Yakety Sax........
    Even a fingernails-on-the-chalkboard soundtrack would be better than Sr.'s bellowing, Jr.'s whining and Mikey's asinine giggling. Glad the guys who did the real work are striking out on their own, as they received far less than their deserved credit (and probably less than their deserved pay, too). Hope they make it work for themselves.

Comment

• ironhat
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Besides all of the previously mentioned crap that went on with the OCC show I got pretty ticked at how they would destroy things just because they have a lot of money now. They pick up that they wrecked on their farm was in good enough shape for any working stiff to be happy with. And slamming their Expeditions, etc into dupmsters or each other pushed me over the edge. I have a white collar job now because of health issues but my blood runs blue (colar) and I know how hard I worked to afford what they decide to trash. Crud! My blood pressure just jumped up then points. I'm done.
      Blessings,
      Chiz

Comment

• Russianwolf
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
        • One of them there Toy saws

Watched it once, then switched over to Trick My Truck. Much better and they give the trucks to people that actually deserve and use them.
        Mike
        Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Boyd Coddington from American Hotrod recently passed away. He was a designer and not really a builder. I always like Biker Build Off at least there wasn't the family fights and scripted things going on.

Tom

Comment

• dkerfoot
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2004
            • Holland, Michigan
            • Craftsman 21829

I have only ever seen a bit of the show at a time (don't watch much TV) but I'd take the bike.

I can see where the personalities would grate on you after a while, but that is reality TV. Real people in real life are boring. So they need to drag out the freaks (and encourage their bad behavior) or no one will watch.

As for money turning people into jerks - all you have to do is offer someone a night of free booze to find out what they would be like if they had too much money.
            Doug Kerfoot
            "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
            "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
            KeyLlama.com

Comment

• Tom Slick
              Veteran Member
              • May 2005
              • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
              • sears BT3 clone

The problem with biker build off is it seemed like whomever built the most old school bike always won. In one of the early episodes they had a guy build a really well engineered/built chopper (I know strange use of words) and they other guy cobbled together whatever junk he could find. When they got to the competition, the cobbled together bike one because "man, that thing is soooo old school, wooooohooooo!!"

I like watching any of those shows to see them build stuff but the "drama" turns me off. Overhaulin' was my favorite. it showed teamwork and skill. Chip Foose is one of the best rod designers I've ever seen.
              Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• reddog552
                Established Member
                • Dec 2006
                • Belleville Il.
                • Bt3000

OCC Crap

I have built my share of custom bikes. I built a 100ci. rigid chopper NEW SCHOOL. I took it to a local bike hot rod show,entered it in the contest,came in third.I had in excess of $22.000 in it I was quite ticked off. I asked one of the judges later descretely what was up. 1st place went to a older Honda good bit of chrome.2nd place older panhead almost no chrome. His answer was that the other two bikes showed a lot of custom work MINE WAS STOCK. goes to show ya .
                The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten!

Comment

Working...