• Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Now Don't This Beat All

Click Here
  • jonmulzer
    • Dec 2007
    • Indianapolis, IN

I dislike OCC's bikes. And the show is insufferable. It is always a theme bike. How about just a bada$$ bike that looks good, runs better and makes everybody drool? Something without some company's logo plastered all over it? Their show is like Jerry Springer, in a marketing department, with pseudo-Harleys.
    "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

If it ain't a Harley or an Indian, I'll rather walk. Sissy Crapsman Calif. junk.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • On the TARDIS
        • BT 3100

Must be an over priced Ryobi clone.
        From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Tom Slick
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
          • sears BT3 clone

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
          If it ain't a Harley or an Indian, I'll rather walk. Sissy Crapsman Calif. junk.

Bruce

what do you mean? those bikes are built an hour up the road from you.
          Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• jussi
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jonmulzer
            How about just a bada$$ bike that looks good, runs better and makes everybody drool? Something without some company's logo plastered all over it?

Then they couldn't charge half a million for them.
            I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Could you imagine what the price would be for a Festool themed bike?!?!

But I bet it would have an amazing DC system.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

The OCC crew has worn waaaaay thin on me. Sr. has anger issues and a Napoleon complex, Jr. is lazy as he11, and what is up with that idiot Mikey? As far as the commercialized theme bikes, where would they be without them? Back in the poorhouse, that's where. I think I could do better than them if I had the same massive amount of production equipment, huge staff, sponsor budget, and outside vendors as they do. It's all just the same-old-same-old nowadays. I'm sure many folks think they're all that, but I'd give 50 Teutels for 1 Indian Larry any day of the week. RIP Larry...

Comment

• jonmulzer
                  • Dec 2007
                  • Indianapolis, IN

Originally posted by jussi
                  Then they couldn't charge half a million for them.
                  Jesse James and the others have pushed that limit before. Their bikes are not exactly chump change. Jesse James has made some bikes that are sex on wheels. I especially like his "beater" looking bikes. Primer paint, fat tires, minimal chrome and engines that thump loud enough at idle to take your breath away, literally. And him and his clan are artists. Some of the few people around that know how to use an english wheel and planishing hammer. Guys who get an idea for a tank and grab some sheet metal and hand tools and bring it to life. The OCC guys grab their tanks from cardboard boxes that came in on the UPS truck.
                  "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• Pappy
                    The Full Monte
                    • Dec 2002
                    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 (x2)

The show wore thin on me about the time the one episode I almost watched was half over.
                    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                    Fools because they have to say something.
                    Plato

Comment

• TB Roye
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                      • BT3100

How about Indian Larry and his bikes. Arlen Neff over in the Bay Area makes some pretty bikes so does his son. Paul sr. was on dugs to long. Paul Jr couldn't hold a real job. He does have his other steel fabrication business the helped support him while he got the bikes going.

Tom

Comment

• jussi
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2007

I thought it was pretty good the first time I saw it. But I agree after a while it does get pretty repetitive. It almost seems like they're manufacturing fights now.

I'm not sure it's still on but I really liked Discovery channel's Biker Build Off. And I was sad to see Monster Garage and Moster House end.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2005
                          • Independence, MO, USA.
                          • bt3100

I gave up on that show, and American Hotrod around the same time. Look at the way they treat their help. OCC, lost their best help, who went out and started their own company (and I hope they stay out of the limelight, do great work, and don't get ego's). I only recently saw that on another board.

I would like to build one someday. I am not sure I would ride on one (only on actual one once, and found out when I went to stop, the "restorer" hadn't got the brakes working yet)

That said I am EXTREMELY disappointed that I have to buy a ticket to some dumb race, to go see it. I notice they stayed away from a handtools theme (does Snap~on still sponser the show? contractial?). I am the type that would rather be in the pits, then watching some idiot, ruin a perfectly good vehicle (either blowing the motor, wrecking, etc).
                          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• jussi
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
                            I gave up on that show, and American Hotrod around the same time. Look at the way they treat their help. OCC, lost their best help, who went out and started their own company (and I hope they stay out of the limelight, do great work, and don't get ego's). I only recently saw that on another board.

Which one? Vinny or Rick?

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2005
                              • Independence, MO, USA.
                              • bt3100

Originally posted by jussi
                              Which one? Vinny or Rick?
                              Vinny and Cody went in business together, and it appears are being sponsered by some of their suppliers. (what I read is they are giving away their first bike)
                              I take it Rick is gone too?

They should film in, muted, with a much higher frames per second, and play Boot's Randolph, Yakety Sax........
                              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...