• Show
Clear All
  • mmcduffie
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Des Moines, Washington.
    • BT3000

Puyallup woodworking show

Jim and I are planning on heading down Saturday the 26th.

It's been years since I last went, it may have been the time we all met at the Starbucks at Southcenter. Anyhow, if anyone wants to meet and say hello, we'll be there but I'm not sure what time yet.

Michael
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

I haven't been to one of the shows in several years. Friday the 25th is the only day I can make it, sorry that I'll miss you guys.
    My lovely new wife is very supportive of my hobby and wants to attend the show with me. Boy did I get a winner.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• milanuk
      Established Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Wenatchee, WA, USA.

I've never been to a woodworking show... are they anything like a gun show?

Seriously, I'd like to go and see it, but I'm already booked... got to head down to Orofino ID and help with the Boomer Shoot again this year... anything to get out of Wenatchee during Apple Blossom!
      All right, breaks over. Back on your heads!

Comment

• Scottydont
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Edmonds, WA, USA.
        • Delta Industrial Hybrid

I might be able to make it. I'll keep checking back in.
        Scott
        "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
          Bandsaw Box Momma
          • Apr 2005
          • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Sounds like fun. Don't know if we have anything planned yet....oh wait I have to check the oldest sons baseball schedule, he may have a game that day. I will have to find it and get back to you guys.
          Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• cwithboat
            • Jan 2008
            • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
            • Craftsman Pro 21829

I never used to do this. Now I do it all the time.
            Mileage from our house to Puyallup 71.3
            Round trip = 142.6 miles
            pick up gas mileage 20 mph
            7.13 gallons X $3.50/gallon = $24.95
            $3.00 toll for Gig Harbor's personal bridge expansion
            Total $27.95*

28 bucks puts me half way to the Drill Doctor I have my eye on, I'll pass.

*Does not include ticket to show($6) or 1 stop for Slurpee and corn dog on the way home
            regards,
            Charlie
            A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
            Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• pelligrini
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • Fort Worth, TX
              • Craftsman 21829

hehe.. A commercial just came to mind.

Money not spent on tickets $6
              Money not spent on transportation $27.95
              Money better spent on Drill Doctor $34

Money not spent on future tool lust from show... priceless...
              Erik

Comment

• Whaler
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Sequim, WA, USA.
                • DW746

I just got a schedule change, I will now be at the show on Sat the 26th.
                Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• TB Roye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

BIL and I are going to the Sacramento Show on Friday. One of my pen turnig vendors is going to be there (Craft Supply) and this time I saved some money. Maybe one the Tax refunds will show up (not the rebate) and can take my 50% and have some more to spend. Missed last years as I was in Boise tanking care of Grand Kids, going again but leaving Monday morning, son will be working for his employer as Marshal at the Byron Nelson Golf Classic in Dallas or Irving Tx. I will report on the show Friday night or Saturday.

Tom

Comment

• mmcduffie
                    Established Member
                    • Dec 2003
                    • Des Moines, Washington.
                    • BT3000

I don't usually leave the house and since I only drive 220 miles a month to get to work, I don't much worry about gas or distance. My insurance company didn't believe me and had me write down the milage every 6 months for several years. A trip to Grizzly is 220 miles round trip and I head up there once or twice a year.

I'm pretty sure Whaler and Scottydont met up with us last time, Mata was pregnant. Since then, keeping up with a little boy has taken a lot more of my time. He will be going with us this year, he's already been to Grizzly once.

If I can find the file again, I'll make up some of the BT3 sawblade pins and wear one while I'm there. I'll keep a few in my pockets also.

Michael

Comment

• TB Roye
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                      • BT3100

Hey guys, Check your tickets I went on Friday did not look at my ticket. Went today and paid $7 discount and then found out my ticket for yesterday was good for all thee days. Another Senior moment. Had a good time going to the different classes. Wood Magazine put one on about Crown Molding, Showed how to do crown molding flat and real easy. Went to Somerfields class on cabinets very informative and interesting they had 3 1/2 hp Triton plunge Routers for $199. They were trying to seel their router bits set and rounter table and the triton and their Pocket Hole System and other accessories but it was as I said informative and interesting. Now I have to sell all my equipment and start over like my BIL said. We are talking about building cabinets for both our houses and disscussed spliting the cost of the Router sets they use. He has the Kreig Pocket Hole Master set and I have the Hatachi M12V, or whatever that big green things in my router table. Spent about $100 mainly on Pen Turning supplies, kits, and blanks and a couple of Magnetic lights for the bandsaw and drill press. Have fun next weekend. If I would have had my share of the tax refund and the rebate that coming I might have spent more.

Tom

Comment

• Hellrazor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2003
                        • Abyss, PA
                        • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by milanuk
                        You expecting 50% of the tables to be knives, belts, junk jewelry and nazi uniforms?

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by milanuk

...!
                          go read some of the past discussions on "woodworking show" and see what they said. I don't hang around gun shows but i think there's less lifestyle-related stuff and more directly related to ww.
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA
                          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• TB Roye
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                            • BT3100

I agree, the woodworking shows are geared to working. The use to have Gun Shows and Computer Shows here in Sacramento. The state change the laws about the procedures on purchasing of Handgun and Automatic Rifles and effectivly killed the Shows. The Computer Shows were put on at the same time as the Gun Shows and died in the Dot Com bust. I did't see any thing at the Woodworking Show that didn't pretain to our hobby. I don't ever go to the home inprovement/landscaping shows any more becuse of all the other stuff cluttering up the Isles.

Tom

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

well, there were those rubber brooms they sold for a few years. Still, I guess they could be good for cleaning up the shop. :-)
                              Loring in Katy, TX USA
                              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...