• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulstenlund
    Established Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Puget Island, Wa.

Digital camera ac adapter

I have tore my house apart looking for the AC adapter for our digital camera, its not there. Customer support could only tell me that it is (was) 6 volt. Radio Shack has 2 available one is 1800ma the other is 800ma. My question is will the camera only pull the amperage that it needs - or can the 1800ma fry it.

Thanks
    Paul
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by paulstenlund
    I have tore my house apart looking for the AC adapter for our digital camera, its not there. Customer support could only tell me that it is (was) 6 volt. Radio Shack has 2 available one is 1800ma the other is 800ma. My question is will the camera only pull the amperage that it needs - or can the 1800ma fry it.

Thanks
    Paul
    6V is the "force"
    Current is the "flow"
    only as much current will flow as is needed by the camera, provided you give it the right force (Voltage).
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• paulstenlund
      Established Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Puget Island, Wa.

Thank you Loring

I figured you'd be the one to answer, Thanks again

Comment

• cwithboat
        • Jan 2008
        • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
        • Craftsman Pro 21829

Check the connector. It can have center pin ground (6V on outside)or outer shell ground(6V on inside). Don't use the wrong one! Mine (Olympus C-740) is 6.5V plus on the inner pin, minus on the outer. There should be an indication adjacent to the jack on the camera.
        regards,
        Charlie
        A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
        Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• paulstenlund
          Established Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Puget Island, Wa.

Picked one up at lunch from radio shack, they've a bunch with the same two pronged end plug, then you pick a "versatip" (free) to match the diameter and diagram on your device. works like a charm, recycles much faster -- thanks again Loring and Charlie

Paul

Comment

• cwithboat
            • Jan 2008
            • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
            • Craftsman Pro 21829

For those of you who are unaware, Paul lives in a state where there is no income tax and he has a 50 cent ride ($3 by car ) to a state with no sales tax. Now the question is where is the nearest Radio Shack?
            Last edited by cwithboat; 04-10-2008, 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling correction
            regards,
            Charlie
            A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
            Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• paulstenlund
              Established Member
              • Feb 2004
              • Puget Island, Wa.

Charlie
              You must be familiar with our Puget Island ferry system? The closest Radio Shack to home would be across the ferry and in Astoria Or. but I work in Longview so I bit the bullet and paid my fair share of sales tax.

Paul

Comment

Working...