X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RayintheUK
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Congratulations and best wishes from two "40-yearers" in the UK!

Ray and Jean
    Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• gordons
      Established Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Charlotte, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

Congratulations Tim.

Having once lived down the road from you and experienced 15 Canadian winters I learned that, with wind chill, this is equivalent to 82.5 years near enough.

Here's to the next 82.5. All the best to both of you.
      Gordon
      I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Congtatulations to and the LOYL! You are obviously hard working and tenacious folks to have started from meager beginnings. It's a very similar story of my grandparents on both sides - Italian and Polish. Best wishes to you both!
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

• big tim
          • Mar 2006
          • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
          • SawStop PCS

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes and the nice poem from Cabman. Wow, imagine that, from Canada, the US of A, the UK an OZ. I had my wife read them as well of course.
          I'll comment on some specific ones:

Originally posted by annunaki
          Big Tim
          Congrads!
          What would you say has been your formula for keeping it all together when more than half fail?
          When we got married the thought that your marriage could fail simply wasn't even in the back of your mind. "For Life" was taken for granted. I'm sure that goes for many on this forum who've been married for several decades. A good marriage requires constant attention. The rest is basic common sense: You have to be in love, have similar goals, have a sense of humor, never belittle your spouse, don't let issues fester, don't take yourself too serious. And if there are children involved, you two better be on the same page as to how to bring them up. And be prepared to be a parent for life.

Originally posted by cgallery
          Wow, congradulations are certainly in order.

I used one of those online inflation calculators (here) and put in 1953 as the year, $60 as the initial value, and it said that in 2008 dollars it would be equal to $475. So wow! $60 isn't much money today and it wasn't actually that much money back then, either!

I think you are both very lucky.

Have any words of wisdom for us?
          It wasn't much, you know. My first job paid me $45. And I had a trade, I was an electronic tech and repaired radios and TV's. But we were Young and you figured you could take on the world.

Originally posted by Ed62
          Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Tim. In a little less than 5 years I'll be able to write most of what you wrote (but we didn't emigrate). Here's to quite a few more good years together for both of you.

You said you had a large family. How many little ones?

Ed
          I know, Ed, I'm sure I remember you posting about your 50th, as to "how many little ones", we have 5 girls and 3 boys and 18 grandchildren, no great grandkids so far, they're not in such a hurry these days.

Originally posted by gordons
          Congratulations Tim.

Having once lived down the road from you and experienced 15 Canadian winters I learned that, with wind chill, this is equivalent to 82.5 years near enough.

Here's to the next 82.5. All the best to both of you.
          Actually the cold winters force you to snuggle up and light the fire....

Thanks again for all your good wishes and may you all reach your milestone.

Tim
          And here's to you all.
          (taken last summer)
          Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Originally posted by big tim
            as to "how many little ones", we have 5 girls and 3 boys and 18 grandchildren, no great grandkids so far, they're not in such a hurry these days.
            And I'm sure they all have something to be proud of, as do you.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• billwmeyer
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • Weir, Ks, USA.
              • BT3000

Congratulations! What kids today don't understand is that marriage is not all fun and games. It is hard work. A sense of humor sure does help. My wife laughs at me all of the time.

Bill
              "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• Anna
                • Feb 2006
                • CA, USA.
                • BT3100

Congratulations, Tim. You and your wife look wonderful and happy together.

Comment

• Turaj
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
                  • BT3000 (1998)

Congratulations to both you and LOYL on your 55 anniversary and best wishes for many more.
                  Turaj (in Toronto)
                  "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                    • BT3100

congratulations to the both of you!

Comment

• rja
                      Established Member
                      • Jul 2004
                      • New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA.
                      • BT3100-1

Its almost 30 years for my wife and I but 55 years - WOW! Congratulations.

Comment

Working...