• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

'Mistresses' or 'Boy friends'

How many of us have a 'mistress' or 'boy friend' in our lives other than tools/woodworking, other than jobs/careers?

The quote is from another thread...

Originally posted by jackellis
    My wife knows I have a mistress. In fact, it was her idea. Sometimes we even enjoy this particular mistress together...
    No mistress, but a girlfriend the wife knows about. When she takes extended trips to visit family, I tell her not to worry about me, that 'Jennifer' will come over and keep me from getting lonely. ('Jennifer' is the stereotypical college blond bimbo.)

Let me introduce 'Jennifer'...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevy1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	791528

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jennifer.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	791527

According to SWMBO, "The Ugly Bimbo". She is a '65 Chevy C-10 Long Bed Flletside patiently awaiting a frame off rebuild as I gather the necessary parts and have the time. At this point I have a second bed (This one will become a matched trailer.), '71 5-lug rear end, '83 disc brake front end, 4 bolt main 350, 700 R-4 tranny, aftermarket seat, a replacement cowl without the antenna hole, and a good driver's door. Hopefully the time will be there this summer!

After thought. I also have a pristine set of 1965 Texas truck plates for her when the day comes to put her on the road!
    Last edited by Pappy; 03-13-2008, 10:26 AM.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • mschrank
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2004
    • Hood River, OR, USA.
    • BT3000

Our family had one nearly identical (except blue) when I was a kid. It was our "wood truck," so-called because it usually only saw use starting in late August when we started getting the firewood in for the winter.

I've often wished my dad would have hung on to it. IIRC, he traded it for a few cords of firewood after he got tired of getting it himself.

Does it have the wooden bed? What type of wood are you going to use to restore that?
    Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

I've got a couple.

One's my daily driver, a 1969 Camaro. It replaced a '69 Dodge A100 in '87 or so. I put a new 350 GM performance crate engine in her about a year ago. The exterior is about the same condition as Pappy's and the interior looks like the outside.

My really neglected one is a '69 Pontiac GTO (my first car). It's actually a jigsaw puzzle now, and missing a few parts (like the engine and front bucket seats).

I've been saying "Hopefully the time will be there this summer!" for a couple decades now.
      Erik

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Mike the trailer will go on a '72 steel bed. The bolt hole pattern for the sheet metal even matches.

The truck still has pieces of the wood bed. There is enough there to match the profiles on the edges. New floor will be Mesquite.

I've been saying "Hopefully the time will be there this summer!" for a couple decades now.

Only been about 5 years for me!
        Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

I forgot to mention that my wife was the one who encouraged me to get that mistress after complaining about a long, slow flight in a rented airplane over a holiday weekend many years ago.

Of course, a friend of mine has another name for the mistress - Spam Can!

Comment

• DUD
            Royal Jester
            • Dec 2002
            • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Don

I have My deceased FIL truck, it is a short bed 65 Chevy, and still runs. It has a

transmisson problem but still drives. I used to build street rods and loved it then, but I

will put this one back stock. My other hobbies is Female Watching and Jokes. Bill
            Last edited by DUD; 03-13-2008, 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling
            5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by DUD
              Don

I have My deceased FIL truck, it is a short bed 65 Chevy, and still runs. It has a

transmisson problem but still drives. I used to build street rods and loved it then, but I

will put this one back stock. My other hobbies is Female Watching and Jokes. Bill
              I sold the original aluminum 'glide out of my truck for $50. If I still had it, you could have it.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• DUD
                Royal Jester
                • Dec 2002
                • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks Don, but this one is a standard on the column, with a 283 V8. Gonna replace the tires, it rides ruff. Bill
                5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                  Bandsaw Box Momma
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

I guess I would have to say that my "boyfriend" would have to be my bowling once a week and then once a year I go to a tournament with a few of my family members. A lot of things that I do are planned around bowling, work, I don't work on tuesday nights, and I pray that some of the kids things don't interfere with bowling. But I still take Thomas and Rebecca with me when I go bowling because Mark and Richard go to Scouts.
                  Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• JSUPreston
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Montgomery, AL.
                    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Pappy, Trucks on Spike has been working on a truck of that body style for a while. They recently showed a rerun of sectioning the frame and bed to make it a SWB w/short bed. You may find it interesting.
                    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• OpaDC
                      Established Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • Pensacola, FL
                      • Ridgid TS3650

My wife and I share our boyfriend/girlfriend. An '89 Jeep Wrangler. I drive, she rides. Once the weather warms up (real soon I think) top and doors come off and won't go back on 'til Oct/Nov. Wife loves going for rides in it. Head to beach or around the older neighborhoods. She has even come home from work, stuck head in door and hollered "I'm home" then gone to sit in the Jeep. Love it especially in Springtime when flowers are blooming with all their smells. Even took it Germany with us when we moved there to work. Oh and BTW, the clock still works too.

second star to the right and straight on til morning

Comment

Working...