• germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

How not to dress when you appear before a judge

Notice the T-shirt of the defendant:

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic...rtattire10.txt

I like this quote: “I tell my clients to dress like you’re going to visit your grandmother and you know her minister is going to be there for tea.”
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Jeff

You are right, the Judge will look at that shirt and make an opinon. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• dkhoward
      • Dec 2003
      • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
      • bt3000

Unfortunately, I think the decision that the individual made on his clothing to wear to the court speaks volumes about the overall attitude in a lot of our society about the courts and the law. There is no respect for either.

I see the same sort of attitude in people coming to make job applications or showing up for interviews. They have no concept and, in most cases, they don't seem to care.

I had a young man show up for a job interview, a college graduate mind you, for an intern position with a t-shirt that had the slogan "F&*k the world I want to get off" emblazoned across the front.

I didn't even bother to interview him. Saw the shirt, told him the position was filled and sent him on his way.
      Dennis K Howard
      www.geocities.com/dennishoward
      "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by dkhoward
        Unfortunately, I think the decision that the individual made on his clothing to wear to the court speaks volumes about the overall attitude in a lot of our society about the courts and the law. There is no respect for either.

I do agree it CAN speak volumes, but not always. I have a friend who worked for a blind judge (elected), she told them both what they were wearing and demeanor entering the court (pre judge), There were a few cases where the person was impoverished, and one had just lost everything in a fire. All he had were the clothes on his back, and appologized for it.
        I have also seen lawyers say, if you don't have any good clothes, at LEAST wear a plain t shirt and slacks, but get a job and buy a dress shirt.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...