• Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Christmas Cookies

Christmas Tequila Cookies

1 cup dark brown sugar
    1 cup (two sticks) butter
    1 cup granulated sugar
    4 large eggs
    2 cups dried fruit (dried cranberries or raisins)
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila (silver or gold, as desired)

First, sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl. Check the Cuervo to be sure it is of the highest quality . Pour another 4 ounces in a measuring cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of the butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon sugar. Beat again.
    At this point, it is best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK.

Try another 4 ounces, just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, picking the frigging fruit off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a screwdriver.

Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt or something. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas.
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Ayup. That's about how I make Christmas cookies.

Actually several years ago I told my Mom I'd make sugar cookies for Christmas. After the 3rd or 4th time of rolling out the dough, cutting with the cookie cutters then balling it back up to roll it out again, I just baked up a few cookie sheet-sized cookies and cut them when they came out of the oven. They were all rectangular but they tasted good.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
      Bandsaw Box Momma
      • Apr 2005
      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Originally posted by crokett
      Ayup. That's about how I make Christmas cookies.

Actually several years ago I told my Mom I'd make sugar cookies for Christmas. After the 3rd or 4th time of rolling out the dough, cutting with the cookie cutters then balling it back up to roll it out again, I just baked up a few cookie sheet-sized cookies and cut them when they came out of the oven. They were all rectangular but they tasted good.
      Thats when you just roll out one big thing and then add a little cinnamon and sugar, roll up like a roll and then cut and bake. Very easy and doesn't take much time at all.

But I may have to try and bake things that way, maybe it would turn out better than if I was sober.
      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• lrogers
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Mobile, AL. USA.
        • BT3000

Thanks guys and lady! I'll never be able to look at a sugar cookie again with a straight face.
        Larry R. Rogers
        The Samurai Wood Butcher
        http://splash54.multiply.com
        http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• pierhogunn
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2003
          • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

ah, my morning is a little brighter, thanks

Dan
          It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

When I want Christmas cookies the one thing I like to find first is a good parking space at the neighborhood bakery... (Till I figure out a way to make the dang things on the BBQ grille...)

Comment

Working...