• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

My Corframs are in the closet, along with a set of blues!
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Tarhead
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2007
      • Concord, NC
      • Delta Unisaw

Skip,
      I'm sure they're long been gone. That was 33 years ago. I-77 was not even on the drawing boards.

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
        • Aug 2007
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • BT-3000, 21829

Got rid of mine the minute I got my discharge papers in '72. Most uncomfortable things on earth. Still have my boots, though. Really comfortable and soft as velvet despite being over 40 years old!
        You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
        of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• Tom Slick
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
          • sears BT3 clone

I had corfams, don't have them anymore. only wore them about 5 times in 10 years, mechanics don't wear no stinkin' dress clothes.
          Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• scmhogg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
            • BT3000

I do still have a pair of Corcorans though.

Steve
            I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

Originally posted by scmhogg
              I do still have a pair of Corcorans though.

Steve

Me too. I sent home my "issue" combat boots from basic and AIT. Never wore them since jump boots. They still fit and I wear them once in a while. My jump boots were the most comfortable footwear I can think of along with jungle boots.

I also have the "C" cap, that got dropped along with the saucer hat. Now they got berets of every color. What a sham. They should only be available in green, and be earned, in my book.

I've also saved a few uniforms. Good thing too as there may be a parade one day that looks interesting. But the blouse and pants are a little tight...funny thing...they shrunk after all these years. Got a few berets that I covet though. Kept a few boonie hats too. I wear them workin' outside. Neighbors think they are "Outdoor World/Bass Pro Shops" garb.

Oh, almost forgot. I still have several sets of elastic "blousers" for tuckin' pants. Mine are the green braided ones with tiny hooks. You have those?

Comment

• scmhogg
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2003
                • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
                • BT3000

Cab,

We threw the saucer away with the low quarters. I lost my C-cap along with a lot of other stuff when I got divorced in the early 70's. There was a silver dollar underneath my glider patch. ****.

I threw the uniforms away when I received my discharge, after 3 years active duty and 3 years inactive reserve. Six months earlier I had received a letter telling me I had a critical MOS and to be ready to go. [153.17]

I weighed 153 when I enlisted, 195 when I left active duty and 225 now. At 195 I had a 29" waist. I doubt they would fit today, anyway.

Steve
                I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• pierhogunn
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

My wife just sent her BDU's to Good will, and has her ACU's prepped and ready to go

She is in the Band currently based in Charlotte, that used to belong to the 108th.

So I guess I'm a mil-spouse...

I remember helping her out, polishing her boots while she was ironing her patches for drill the next morning.

What do yall think about the new no-polish suede boots?
                  It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• cabinetman
                    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                    • Jun 2006
                    • So. Florida
                    • Delta

Originally posted by pierhogunn

What do yall think about the new no-polish suede boots?

News to me. If Elvis was still alive he might remake the song to: "Don't Step On My Suede Boots".

BTW, what colors?

Comment

• pierhogunn
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

they are that nubuck suede dark kahki color

you can def. tell who has spent real time in them, they have shiny spots, and grease marks from walking in iraqi-stan theaters
                      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

Working...