• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Yes, Yes, YES! Coolest Thing EVER !!!

At the ripe age of 35 I will be going Black Friday shopping tomorrow! Yippie! Nothing could ever beat 1) dealing with tons of idiots 2) at 4:00 AM 3) when it is clear that I will be hung over!

I offered my wife $500 cash to get out of this. This is just stupid. Why will she not take this deal? This is clearly a power struggle and I am all kinds of losing. I have never had this problem before. What do I do?

To the MDs on this site . . . how long would it take for 20mg of Ambien to wear off? Is it tasteless? Does it disolve in soda?
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    To the MDs on this site . . . how long would it take for 20mg of Ambien to wear off? Is it tasteless? Does it disolve in soda?
    I believe that this use of Ambien is not in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations, so therefore I cannot offer an opinion about it.

I'd rec. you have her drive and YOU take a mg or 2 of lorazepam (Ativan) before you leave. Then find a quiet corner to relax. If you don't drowse through it, at least you'll be amnestic about what happened.
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

As my dad would say... will the pain of going be worse than the pain of not going? T

Oh yeah, nighty-night. I will be happily asleep in my bed at 4:00 AM
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by germdoc
        I believe that this use of Ambien is not in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations, so therefore I cannot offer an opinion about it.

I'd rec. you have her drive and YOU take a mg or 2 of lorazepam (Ativan) before you leave. Then find a quiet corner to relax. If you don't drowse through it, at least you'll be amnestic about what happened.
        Ya, ya, ya this of off-label use my friend! LOL!

The Ativan is a good idea. It would certainly be socially more acceptable than me wheeling a cooler loaded with Hop Hog Ale around.

In all seriousness, this is going to suck.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by crokett
          As my dad would say... will the pain of going be worse than the pain of not going? T

Oh yeah, nighty-night. I will be happily asleep in my bed at 4:00 AM
          The pain of not going would likely be pretty rough. She never asks me to do any of this non-sense. I usually buy may way out of it. Pretty sad huh?

See this is double trouble for me as I normally go to bed around 2-3 AM and get up around 9-10. I am self employed for a reason!

Comment

• Hellrazor
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Abyss, PA
            • Ridgid R4512

Poor Jeffrey....

I just got up.....

Screw black friday...

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Hellrazor
              Poor Jeffrey....

I just got up.....

Screw black friday...

Blahahahahaha! I just got up! Don't know what happended (honestly) but she is still sleeping! I went to bed around 2 AM and she was still up looking at ads online. I think she must have forgotten her alarm clock or something!

I AM STILL A BLACK FRIDAY VIRGIN!

Comment

• mineengineer
                Established Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
                • BT3000 and BT3100 Frankensaw

At least your not working black friday in retail

I used to work for Target Stores as a manager and cleaning up the mess shoppers(crowds of store ripperaparters) made after Black friday is a lot worse than helping make the mess, so consider yourself lucky. Since I left retail I don't go shopping on Black Friday, I volunteer to be office coverage while the other guys in the office take the day off to fight through the crowds and get "bargains". Quiet day here at work, dont miss it a bit.

happy shopping,
                Link

Comment

• germdoc
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2003
                  • Omaha, NE
                  • BT3000--the gray ghost

Steely Dan said it best

When Black Friday comes I'll stand down by the door
                  And catch all the grey men as they dive from the fourteenth floor
                  When Black Friday comes I'll collect everything I'm owed
                  And before my friends find out I'll be on the road

When Black Friday falls you know it's got to be
                  Don't let it fall on me

When Black Friday comes I'll fly down to Muswellbrook
                  Gonna strike all the big red words from my little black book
                  Gonna do just what I please, gonna wear no socks and shoes
                  With nothing to do but feed all the Kangaroos

When Black Friday comes I'll be on that hill
                  You know I will

[Solo]

When Black Friday comes I'm gonna dig myself a hole
                  Gonna lay down in it till I satisfy my soul
                  Gonna let the world pass by me, the Archbishop gonna sanctify me
                  And if he don't come across I' m gonna let it roll

When Black Friday comes I'm gonna stake my claim
                  I guess I'll change my name
                  Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• JoeyGee
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

LOML LOVES Black Friday. She is in her element on that day and really has things down to a science, so it never was really that bad. This is the first year that she has not gone out. There just has not been any good deals.

I saw the 6:00 news yesterday, and there were people in tents in line waiting outside a store--I think it was Best Buy. What a way to spend Thanksgiving. The only worse way to spend a Turkey Day would be to spend it watching the Lions .
                    Joe

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by JoeyGee
                      The only worse way to spend a Turkey Day would be to spend it watching the Lions .
                      Cheer up... You could be a Dolphins fan...

Comment

• Hellrazor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2003
                        • Abyss, PA
                        • Ridgid R4512

I would sooner pay more than mingle with the crazy people on black friday. Let me count the ways:

1. I do not stand in lines, this includes cash registers.
                        2. I do not play well when people start shoving to get in front of you,etc.
                        3. I do not think saving a few dollars is worth the hassle of parking 3 miles from the store.
                        4. Store managers do not like me once I get annoyed. One poor fool at Sams Club found that out by having 2 registers open on a saturday with 60 people waiting to checkout. Everyone in line was laughing, except the old prude in front of me, she got annoyed with my choice of words.

I hate shopping on a normal day. I do a bunch of our purchasing at work, including bid. That is enough shopping for me.

Comment

• germdoc
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2003
                          • Omaha, NE
                          • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by JoeyGee
                          The only worse way to spend a Turkey Day would be to spend it watching the Lions .
                          I enjoyed watching the Lions--I enjoyed watching them get whupped by Green Bay!
                          Jeff

Comment

• gsmittle
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2004
                            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                            • BT 3100

Originally posted by mineengineer
                            I used to work for Target Stores as a manager and cleaning up the mess shoppers(crowds of store ripperaparters) made after Black friday is a lot worse than helping make the mess, so consider yourself lucky. Since I left retail I don't go shopping on Black Friday, I volunteer to be office coverage while the other guys in the office take the day off to fight through the crowds and get "bargains". Quiet day here at work, dont miss it a bit.

happy shopping,
                            In my previous life in Corporate America, I used to make a point of working on Black Friday. Hardly anyone there and I got tons of paperwork done. In my current line of work, I get the day off and sleep in.

Except for today.

I took #1 son to his friend's (after picking up two more and swinging by Waffle House for breakfast) house at 8am. They are headed to Branson for the weekend. He has orders to stop at Bass Pro and pick up some lures for me. Now that's shopping!

At the Bass Pro Outlet store (5 miles from me) a number of people "camped out" in the parking lot, complete with tents, fire pits, camp kitchen, etc. I stayed home.

Black Friday crowds are the reason God gave us mail order and the Internet...

g.
                            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                            Bill & Ted

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

I considered a 46" Sharp AQuos TV on sale for $999, asked my wife if I should get a new TV (She does most of the TV watching, mine is upstairs in the home theater with projector, 70" screen, surroudn sound woofer etc) at 5AM Friday - she talked me out of it.

This morning she woke me up and said lets go get the TV... I asked what time - she said it's 7AM - I said you'll be too late. all gone by now.
                              Loring in Katy, TX USA
                              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...