• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Dancing With The Stars

I may lose some man points but I am watching this. My wife started to but then I took one look at some of the costumes the women were wearing and . I am always surprised at the end that there was a guy out there too.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • gary
    • May 2004
    • Versailles, KY, USA.

Surrender your man card!
    Gary

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by gary
      Surrender your man card!
      Hey, watching Julainne Hough (last season's winner with Apolo), you can't lose any man points for that, as far as I'm concerned. She's a total sweetie/Hottie in my book. I Think she's dancing with Brazilian Formula racer Helio Castroneves this season.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gad5264
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • Columbus, Ohio, USA
        • BT3000/BT3100NIB

OK, if I have to give up my man card for this I guess I will. I have been watching it also, I never thought I would say this but I would like to trade places with Wayne Newton, his partner Cheryl Burke is as Loring says....A HOTTIE.
        Grant
        "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

They don't take away your man card for ogling hot women... They give you a platinum man card...

Comment

• Alex Franke
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • Chapel Hill, NC
            • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by crokett
            I may lose some man points but I am watching this. My wife started to but then I took one look at some of the costumes the women were wearing and . I am always surprised at the end that there was a guy out there too.
            Ooo -- minus five man points for watching Dancing With The Stars, but plus ten for your clearly manly motive.
            online at http://www.theFrankes.com
            while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
            "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Haven't seen much of it this season, so far. Did catch a couple of minutes last night. Jane Seymour sure doesn't look 56! Haven't seen Marie Osmond yet.

ALL them girls look good!
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• jziegler
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2005
                • Salem, NJ, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3100

I've been watching it off and on. LOML watches it regularly. For me (like any TV really) I only watch if I don't have other stuff to do. The women do look great. I saw all of the women's performances last week, none of the men's and didn't watch last night. Did anyone else just not like the woman from the "Cheetah Girls"? For some reason, her overly bubbly personality just irritated me, even though she danced well (even if it was the wrong style).

Now, here's where I really loose my man card. I've been taking ballroom classes off and on with LOML. Some of the dances really can be fun (I liked swing best so far)

And Pappy, you're right, Jane Seymour looks good. Definitely the classiest of the women contestants. I hope that she stays around for a while

Jim

Comment

• crokett
                  The Full Monte
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Mebane, NC, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by jziegler
                  Now, here's where I really loose my man card. I've been taking ballroom classes off and on with LOML. Some of the dances really can be fun (I liked swing best so far)
                  No you get more man points for that. A few years back before I met LOML I took dance lessons - swing and blues. It was 'a target rich environment' as it were and for two years my social calendar was as full as I wanted it to be.

By happy coincidence a lot of my friends/relatives were getting married when I did this - 8 weddings in about 18 months. I was a hit at every reception and while most of the guys were sitting and watching I was out on the dance floor with some awfully pretty women.
                  David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• jziegler
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • Salem, NJ, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by crokett
                    No you get more man points for that. A few years back before I met LOML I took dance lessons - swing and blues. It was 'a target rich environment' as it were and for two years my social calendar was as full as I wanted it to be.

By happy coincidence a lot of my friends/relatives were getting married when I did this - 8 weddings in about 18 months. I was a hit at every reception and while most of the guys were sitting and watching I was out on the dance floor with some awfully pretty women.
                    Well, you do have a point there, I suppose. Of course, LOML has been the only woman under 50 at some of the classes. The Cha Cha and Waltz classes had mostly older couples. And the classes have been small at this small town dance studio. I start Salsa classes this Thursday.

Jim

Comment

Working...