Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I Made My Daughter Cry Today

I felt like a schmuck.

We were playing with Play-Do and making 'spaghetti and meatballs'. I started singing 'On top of Old Smokey all covered with cheese...' and changed 'someobdy' to my daughter's name. I thought I was singing a silly song but she burst into tears and was very upset that it was her fault my meatball was now mush. She made me promise never to sing that song again.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Hoakie
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Iowa
    • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by crokett
    I felt like a schmuck.

We were playing with Play-Do and making 'spaghetti and meatballs'. I started singing 'On top of Old Smokey all covered with cheese...' and changed 'someobdy' to my daughter's name. I thought I was singing a silly song but she burst into tears and was very upset that it was her fault my meatball was now mush. She made me promise never to sing that song again.
    I have done the same thing, delicate emotions. Hopefully she'll get over it soon. Now that mine are older, when I try to sing they quote Shrek at me.

"Stop singing...It's no wonder you don't have any friends!"
    John
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

If your singing traumatizes little children, you might want to consider a vocal coach...

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

You will find that women of all ages are very highly emotionally strung. Do not upset them or they will make your life miserable....

Watch what you say, they remember everything. It can and will be held against you.

If possible have a lawyer present when making a confession.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Watch what you say, they remember everything. It can and will be held against you.
          No way to win... Even if you bat 1.000, they'll just make something up to hold over your head...

Comment

Working...