• Show
Clear All
  • Tamarack
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • Speedwell, TN USA
    • BT3100

Knoxville TN WW show 21-22-23 September

Now that I have moved East where the woodworking shows aren't so far away, this one will be my first and I'm really looking forward to it. Is anyone else planning on making it?

Paul in Cumberland Gap
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Tamarack
    Now that I have moved East where the woodworking shows aren't so far away, this one will be my first and I'm really looking forward to it. Is anyone else planning on making it?

Paul in Cumberland Gap
    Hey Paul,
    Welcome to the mountain country. I was born and raised in East Tennessee and this is the first Wood Working Show I've heard about. Hope I get a chance to go. Can you post details - where, when, times and ticket info? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Richard
    Richard

Comment

• Tamarack
      Established Member
      • Oct 2003
      • Speedwell, TN USA
      • BT3100

September 21-22-23, 2007
      Friday 12 noon-7 pm
      Saturday 10 am-5 pm
      Sunday 10 am-4 pm
      Knoxville Expo Center
      5441 Clinton Highway
      Knoxville, TN 37912
      865-686-3200
      admission 9$ good for all three days
      active duty Military, fire, and police get in free
      children 12 and under free with paid adult admission

There is mention of it over at the sawmill creek forum, I don't know how to post a link to the show website but you can google it for Knoxville woodworking show. If you go to the show website you can print their brochure which includes a coupon good for 2$ off on your ticket.
      Paul
      Last edited by Tamarack; 09-09-2007, 08:07 AM. Reason: adding information

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Tamarack
        September 21-22-23, 2007
        Friday 12 noon-7 pm
        Saturday 10 am-5 pm
        Sunday 10 am-4 pm
        Knoxville Expo Center
        5441 Clinton Highway
        Knoxville, TN 37912
        865-686-3200
        admission 9$ good for all three days
        active duty Military, fire, and police get in free
        children 12 and under free with paid adult admission

There is mention of it over at the sawmill creek forum, I don't know how to post a link to the show website but you can google it for Knoxville woodworking show. If you go to the show website you can print their brochure which includes a coupon good for 2$ off on your ticket.
        Paul
        Paul,
        Many thanks for the info. Will try to make the show if I can. It's about a two hour drive from Chattanooga. Again, thanks.
        Richard
        Richard

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Here's the link, they "travel" from city to city

www.thewoodworkingshow.com - home page

http://www.thewoodworkingshow.com/findashow - map and calendar link

For those of you who haven't gone, its a show that travels and has both national and local exhibitor sales booths and programs.

Its a good place to go to spend a day, parking and admissions in houston cost about $7 + $9 altho there's a $1 off coupon on the website usually.

They have national exhibitors from major companies, both manufacturers and distributors, here's a chance to see, touch and perhaps see demoed some machines and talk to vendors.

Also they have local dand national distributors, for tools and woodworking supplies, a chance to pick up some books, and buy WW sundries, tool accessories and tools at good prices. Maybe some veneers.

Also local clubs and woodworkers have booths and demos - good place to meet or find out about others.

I generally make a list of sundries I need (pocket screws, biscuits, dust fittings) and a wish list of books and or power tools.
          I make one pass thru just to see whats there and check out prices (don't buy at the first good price you see, might be lower two aisles down) noting the good places to shop and maybe other items I didn't know I needed, and then make a second pass for the lighter items and a third pass for the heavy items, being careful to stay within budget.

They also have live demos in the booths and a series of programs thoughout the 3-day weekend.

In Houston a couple of years we (local BT3ers) agreed to meet in the food court at 3PM on Saturday.

If you've never been you should go at least once. Buy a hundred dollars worh of stuff and what you save will probably pay for the admission and parking, then the fun and education is a bargain.
          You can get in again on the same weekend for free. I think wives and kids are a buck admission.

if you search here, there's a bunch of old discussions abot the show and what the opinion is, they've been having them for years.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Tamarack
            Established Member
            • Oct 2003
            • Speedwell, TN USA
            • BT3100

I don't think this is the same group, it is put on by "The Consumer Woodworking Expo", But still looks like a good one.

paul

Comment

Working...