• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

safest Space travel?

OK, we know NASA has trouble with diaper wearing, whiskey-drinking astronauts flying space shuttles with leaky o-rings, and flakey foam and dinged heat shields.

So China has trouble with quality control, toothpaste, pharmaceuticals, lead paint, food additives, etc. and a general lack of intellectual property respect and serious problems with bribery and corruption - their space program is 30 or more years behind in sophistication.

Russia has its space seats for sale to the highest bidder, with general low pay and low morale in its space program which has seen its best years long ago as well.

So if you had to go up into space, whose Rocket would you fly on?
    American (NASA)
    89.58%
    Russian
    8.33%
    Chinese
    2.08%

The poll is expired.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • HarmsWay
    • Nov 2003
    • Victoria, BC
    • BT3000

Are you kidding? If any of them gave me an opportunity to get to space, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Bob

Comment

• TK421
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2006

You can go on YouTube and see a few different Chinese rocket explosions.

Didn't you know that Russian rockets run on highly refined vodka? They're getting tanked the whole way up and back.

I wouldn't be to thrilled about having to ride in the shuttle but at least I would be able to understand everyone.

I'm waiting for Burt Rutan to straighten out his problems.

Comment

• billwmeyer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Weir, Ks, USA.
        • BT3000

Space

I agree with Harmsway. I would take any opportunity at all to go into space. Maybe I should try for an alien abduction!

Bill
        "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• bmyers
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2003
          • Fishkill, NY
          • bt 3100

I am waiting for a Burt Ratan design home-build kit and I'm all over it like white on rice. Great project for me and my son (AND daughter if she's so inclined)..

My 4 yr old son asks me all the time what I want to be when I grow up. White lies are ok to tell sometimes due to the fact that I'll never be a grown-up in the truest sense of the word. I just tell him I want to be an astronaut when I grow up...

Bill
          "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            OK, we know NASA has trouble with diaper wearing, whiskey-drinking astronauts flying space shuttles with leaky o-rings, and flakey foam and dinged heat shields.

So China has trouble with quality control, toothpaste, pharmaceuticals, lead paint, food additives, etc. and a general lack of intellectual property respect and serious problems with bribery and corruption - their space program is 30 or more years behind in sophistication.

Russia has its space seats for sale to the highest bidder, with general low pay and low morale in its space program which has seen its best years long ago as well.

So if you had to go up into space, whose Rocket would you fly on?

As to the whiskey drinking, I believe the term is Bottle Rockets.

And you have to be a little crazy to sit on a bomb and light the wick. But it might be fun.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Ed62
              The Full Monte
              • Oct 2006
              • NW Indiana
              • BT3K

You'd have a hard time getting me on an airplane. Me, boarding a rocket, just ain't gonna happen.

Ed
              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• scorrpio
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

When Swiss or Germans have a space program, I'll consider applying.

Comment

• mater
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • SC, USA.

If I had to go it would be American.
                  Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Thom2
                    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Stevens, PA, USA.
                    • Craftsman 22124

At first I was going to agree with Harmsway, but then as I sat here thinking about it a little more .....

I just couldn't see myself climbing aboard a Harbor Freight rocket

especially when I won't even buy most corded power tools from them.

I'll have to think about this a little more and get back to you.
                    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
                    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• BearPipes-1
                      Established Member
                      • May 2006
                      • Silicon Valley, CA
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Where's the "not in a million years" option? I'd happily auction off my spot to one of you optimists.
                      Don't just say no to kickback.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2005
                        • Independence, MO, USA.
                        • bt3100

Originally posted by BearPipes-1

Where's the "not in a million years" option? I'd happily auction off my spot to one of you optimists.
                        Right below the eating Mexican food rocket option!
                        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...