• Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Apology from CWSmith

I sincerely apologize for the "Presidential Outsource" post that I made!

I originally received this from a very staunch presidential supporter and upon first reading it, thought it both funny and sharable.

After seeing the single negative response late last evening, I gave thought to deleting it later in the morning if any others agreed and obviously I was too late in doing so. Now I am a bit embarrassed by my lack of "thinking it through".

I enjoy this forum and have great respect for all of its members. Please forgive my thoughtlessness for making that post and I apologize to all those who were offended, and to everyone who may have been miffed in any way. There is certainly no humor in anything deemed "political" during these times.

I have requested the the post be deleted.

Apologetically,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

I was not personally offended. I have noticed that many on this board do frown on political discussion, even if intended as humor. I believe it's actually in the rules for the board. I guess a line had to be drawn somewhere, but I think most are prone to live and let live. What is, and what is not, considered "political" is often subjective. Hope it doesn't run you off.

Comment

• Greg in Maryland
      Established Member
      • Nov 2006
      • Montgomery Village, Maryland
      • BT3100

I'll accept your apology and for penitence you are banished to your workshop and can't come out until it is as pristine as Rod Kirby's workshop.

Greg

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I for one feel that no apology is necessary at all. Anyone that couldn't see that your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek definitely needs to take a pill.

Comment

• Anna
          • Feb 2006
          • CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Well, you should apologize. And in addition to making your shop as pristine as Rod's, you should also re-do your entire kitchen. And build everything from scratch.

It's really sad when politics is no longer a laughing matter. Given the comedians in Congress and the clowns in government generally, you'd think it'd be a no-brainer.

Comment

• crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by sweensdv
            I for one feel that no apology is necessary at all. Anyone that couldn't see that your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek definitely needs to take a pill.
            I did recognize the humor in the post but it is less about the intent and more about where the line is drawn. Supposing this one were allowed. Another user who posts something even closer to the edge has every right to point back to this one as precedence. Subsequent posts then blur the line even more.
            David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• ragswl4
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Winchester, Ca
              • C-Man 22114

Great country we live in. Not everyone sees everything the same way. I think that's what makes America great.

Kudos to you for apologizing but really not necessary. I was one who thought it was too close to the edge but then not everyone did and that's OK too. Opinions are like jointers, everyone should have one and use it. We get smarter and better that way.

Took my pills, feel better now. If I could just catch that #$%&*@ white rabbit.
              RAGS
              Raggy and Me in San Felipe
              sigpic

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I haven't even read the post, so am not offended in the least! Making a public apology, whether it was warranted or not, is a show of character on your part ...
                Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Alex Franke
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • Chapel Hill, NC
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I read it this morning, had a laugh, and thought: There are a half dozen people I know (both supporters and non-supporters of the current administration) who would get a kick of it as well. But then I had to step away from the computer for a bit.

Now I'm back and I'd really like to get a copy again. (Can you PM it to me please?)

I thought it was close to "the line" but not over it. It makes me wonder where the line really is. (e.g. Would a Flying Spaghetti Monster post be over the religious line? Feel free to edit this question out if it is...)

I agree that no apology was necessary, but it's a great show of character!
                  online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                  while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                  "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Liberty, SC, USA.
                    • Ridgid TS3650

No apology needed from this end, CW. But the fact that you are making one shows what kind of man you are, a darn good one!

Comment

• gwyneth
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by Alex Franke
                      I thought it was close to "the line" but not over it.

(snip)

I agree that no apology was necessary, but it's a great show of character!
                      I thought it was hilarious, but right at the top of the slippery slope...because virtually all comments would have triggered the slide down over the line.

Your apology not only says great things about you but is further evidence that this forum is truly the most polite, civil place on the internet.

Comment

• Habe
                        Established Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Indianapolis, IN, USA.

I thought it was funny and took it as humor about the way some things are.
                        Habe

Comment

• mater
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • SC, USA.

No apology was necessary in my opinion. You meant no harm to anyone.
                          Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Anna
                            • Feb 2006
                            • CA, USA.
                            • BT3100

Originally posted by Alex Franke
                            I thought it was close to "the line" but not over it. It makes me wonder where the line really is. (e.g. Would a Flying Spaghetti Monster post be over the religious line? Feel free to edit this question out if it is...)
                            I had a Flying Spaghetti Monster bumper sticker for a couple of years ("What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?" with a picture of the FSM).

That's probably more religion than politics, though. But then religion is also supposed to be verboten in this forum, isn't it?

Comment

• Jaden
                              Established Member
                              • Feb 2006
                              • Trenton, MI
                              • BT3100

Originally posted by Greg in Maryland
                              I'll accept your apology and for penitence you are banished to your workshop and can't come out until it is as pristine as Rod Kirby's workshop.

Greg

Didn't read the post, but Greg, "pristine as Rod Kirby's workshop", I don't believe the man deserves a life sentence........lol

Steve
                              "I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

Working...